WallPanel for Android Redux

There are logs in the settings, a menu option at the top of the settings.

I dont see logs in settings :frowning:

@thanksmister Thank you very much! I have found a solution:

message: "\\u0420\\u0443\\u0441\\u0441\\u043A\\u0438\\u0439 \\u0422\\u0435\\u043A\\u0441\\u0442"

:slight_smile:

Better solution:

bedroom_panel_say:
  url: http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:2971/api/command
  method: POST
  headers:
    accept: 'application/json, text/html'
  payload: >-
    {
      "speak": {{ message | tojson }}
    }
  content_type: 'application/json; charset=utf-8'
1 Like

Great man, now that solution will be helpful to others as well. Thanks!

2 Likes

Did you find any? I am fighting for this for a long long time… I have a rooted 4.4.4 device tried legacy and new versions with crosswalk and none is working I really wanted to use your app :frowning:

The issue is Lovelace is too complicated to render, it has become to complex for older devices. Change to something like Tileboard or make a simpler lovelace dashboard.

I have installed this application on ‘Samsung S2 Tab’ and it works great.
However I have problem with ‘MQTT’ settings.
I can not read ‘sensors’ values. ‘Unknown’ is shown…
This is strange, as the ‘light/brightness’ function works…
What I’m doing wrong?

You have MQTT set in Wallpanel and a sensor (eg battery) created in HA configuration.yaml

Yes, I did that…
But there was ‘stupid’ problem… In ‘Wall Panel’ application ‘Sensor’ part must be enabled.
In my case I did not notice this option. Now is O.K.

First of all @thanksmister what a great app. Wish I had found WallPanel sooner.
Everything is working as expected in my setup other than MQTT for currentUrl. When clicking a link on the tablet it appears to post the url it is currently on, not the url it is navigating to. As an example if I have 3 views setup in home assistant (Home, Lights & Cameras) if I am on Home and click the Lights view it will post Home as the value to currentUrl over MQTT. If I then click Cameras it posts the Lights url. Clicking the view you’re on again, in this case Cameras it will then post the correct currentUrl value. I have tried this on a number of Android devices (Pixel 5, Lenovo P10) and it seems to be reproducible on both. Has anyone else experienced this?

Doesn’t sound as though you have properly understood how to use or setup the application. Maybe you should ask for assistance rather than create this type of post.

1 Like

and then not to mention the fact that its probably not the app, but the tablet settings making that the tablet goes to sleep or loses network connection.

As far as I can see @MACE0ACE has not posted any information about their configuration of this application or asked for any help in diagnosis. All they are doing is disparaging it. This violates our code of conduct and their messages have been removed.

3 Likes

Hi, i own a Teclast P20HD tablet with Android 10 and some month ago i downloaded WallPanel from Google Play. It worked flawlessy and i was very satisfied.
Unfortunately i broke my tablet so i bought another Teclast P20HD.
Now, when i go to the WallPanel page in Google Play i can’t install it,it says my device is not compatible!
Am I doing something wrong? Maybe i download and install directly with APK but i don’t understand why now it says my device it’s not compatible…
Thanks for your help…

I think you are the second person that reported the same but they had a Kindle tablet. I guess Google is restricting some devices. Wallpanel hasn’t changed it’s supported devices and goes back to Android 5.0. What you need to do is manually install the app from the GitHub page using the link provided on this forum post. I think that’s the best solution.

1 Like

The same thing happened to me with my Android 7.0 devices. Thanks for the application.

PS: I installed it directly from the GitHub page.

Installed directly with APK file in Github page.
Problem solved.
Thanks for your advices.

I didn’t have the latest version and my HA lovelace was not loading. I had to refresh the screen 10 times to finally load the page. I have a Fire Tablet OS 5.6.8
I updated to the latest version and it cleared all my settings. I get to the HA logon page enter my credentials and then it gives me a blank page. If I refresh I get the logon page again. Any ideas?
Could you please post an example of an user agent settings? I entered: Mozilla/5.0

Hi!
First of all - Thanks for your great software! It’s working just right as it supposed to . But i have onve question - mqtt state topic sometimes not updated with actual screen state. It can show on\off whilea ctual state is opposite as well as it can be updated in some seconds

Can it be fixed somehow?

My hardware - Digma 8027 tablet with android 8.1 Go, mqtt installed on main server (ryzen 3600 with ubuntu 20.04). Thanks!

1 Like