WarmMe Intergration (Tuya?)

Hi all,

We bought new underfloor heating system and got it installed. While connecting the unit to the wifi i saw a redirect via tuya. After that i could not find any link to it. Also can’t seem to find out how to connect HA to the warmMe thermostat. Anyone who has got it working ?

I found some more info and links:

Artikelnummer: 825870
EAN-code: 8718531998681

Technische details e-HEAT WiFi-klokthermostaat

• Voltage ; 230 Volt
  • Beschermende behuizing ; IP21
  • Vloersensor ; 12 K * Temperatuur bereik : 5°C - 40°C
  • Maximaal vermogen ; 16A / 3500W
  • Aan te sturen via App

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/wifi-klokthermostaat/9200000109061912/

Hi,
I have the same kind of thermostats in my house, I’d be interested in the solution if you found any.

Thanks,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I found a really simple way to integrate these thermostats with Home Assistant:

• Download the Tuya Smart app, register an account, log in
  • Remove the thermostat from the warmme app (in the temperature selection page, click on the right top pencil icon, click remove device at the bottom)
  • The WiFi icon disappears from the thermostat LCD
  • Add the device in the Tuya app (it should automatically recognize it from the same WiFi, and the name of the device remains how you named it in Warmme)
  • Add the Tuya integration in Home Assistant and use the credentials used for registering in the app before)

It’s done :slight_smile:

Hope this will be useful for others, too.

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

Wow, this was something that was in the back of my mind to try out. But never got the time to test it.
Will try to do the same but it makes sense. Thanks for testing and sharing !! Will let you know if i succeed and will close the post with your post as a solution!

Hi! I might have posted early, the thermostats are added to HA.
But I can’t seem to be able to get temperature readings from the device, the UI only shows an off/on button, and no temperature settings. I’m not too experienced with HA, I’ll ask a colleague to help me, and I’m going to post and update if we found anything.

1 Like

At the meantime i got my thermostat also linked to my tuya app, Thanks! Need to had some patiënt to get it linked. Now looking in the linking it into HA. Will let you know when i have more info

Okay, got it linked to HA. But also am not able to controle it as it seems. But it is at least 1 step closer.

HI Daniel,

Any luck getting it connected yet ?

I just had this device installed, am interested to connect it as well. Will try tuya route when I can enable the heater

i am at the point of reverting the tuya change and revert to warmme app as i have no controle at this moment within the tuya app of HA

I’ve noticed the supported features is set to 0.
Might be related?

Edit: I’ve successfully added to tuya using the steps above. Then added in HA.
The control seems limited to setting it to Off or Auto

Another update: overriding the supported_features to 1 of the devices in HA did not work.

Togging the device on/off turns on the screen of the device on, so the connection is there.
I’ve read on the python Tuya github that not all devices are supported.

I think this route is a dead end. However, using the custom integration LocalTuya ( rospogrigio/localtuya: local handling for Tuya devices (github.com)) might be an alternative, with a big plus: its local instead of tuya cloud. However, climate isnt here yet, but iscoming soon.

1 Like

Hi Sam,

Thanks for looking in to it, had given up a bit. But the local api might give some new hope. Currently not have the time to look in to it but looking forward to you’re findings.

Hey @djansen1987 I wanted to let you know I’ve been having great success:

1 Like

Will give it a try, let you know

How did you get you local key ?

Ik used the iot.tuya website API.

Setup account, add device, enable api access (it’s all free for use but you have to enable it).
I think it was called api management. Call the API with the deviceid and the local key is returned

https://iot.tuya.com/cloud/

On mobile I hope it helps @djansen1987

Thanks for your response, i am probably doing something wrong. I get nog device.

1 Like