[WARN] Home Assistant CLI is not running! Jump into emergency console…

Thank you so much !!

Appreciate the post guys. “login” did the trick for me aswell.

1 Like

trick here is to get to the point where manually entering login is not required so you can recover from a power failure

1 Like

Hi @all

i have the same problem after the latest update and cannot fix it.
i have a raspberry pi 4 with home assistant.
when i type login i get the banner but i cannot open the web gui.
installed addons (tasmoadmin) and automations are working.
i tried the method to type login, banner and startet raspberry without network cable. always the same problem.

thank you for helping
best regards

1 Like

Thank you so much, It was driving me insane

what do you mean by the web guy? cabd you pour the HA IP? Are you using your browser as the “GUI”? I fine that of HA is reconfiguring it self there s a significant lag until it is done

Yes, thank you! This worked for me, too.

Thanks for sharing this. Login worked for me as well!!

perfect, login is working

Works perfect!!!

Thanks, that simple login averted a panic about “emergency console”. Bit of a strange message from HA.

Hello,
just to confirm: problem still occurs on totaly fresh installation on Raspberry Pi 3B, the newest image of Home Assistant Operating System (
https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases/download/9.5/haos_rpi3-64-9.5.img.xz )
The only thing I made not commonly was adding WiFi support (my-network file in CONFIG/network dir of SD card).
However symptoms were the same as described above: website not available, “Home Assistant CLI is not running on console… ets”, ping to RPi worked for both: IP address and homeassistant.local.

And what is most important: login on console screen worked.

Great a solution at last.
Why is such a silly glitch still happening on a fresh install.
Thanks to Ismoo for there post.

Same issue for me after an electrical power failure.
It’s resolved!
Thx

I was so worried !!!
Login fixed it
My hero !!

This issue still occurs with v10.1 … Thanks so much for this working solution!

Login didn’t work for me. I’m running HA on Proxmox on a Lenovo ThinkCentre. Suggestions?

wait or reboot from the VM manager

“Login” worked for me…had to wait about 15min to be able to open UI

Login did not fix mine. I did not attempt to log in before was completed it just popped up [[WARN] Home Assistant CLI is not running! Jump into emergency console…]
This might be related to the issue I was having with not enough disk space when I was trying to install 10.2. This message I am getting is on ver. 8