WARNING! Do not update websocket to 0.61.1 with Add-on version: 16.0.2

I had to downgrade websocket because The api connection to Home assistant is lost so all home assistant items such as “event state” display api-error and are pink stating “unknown: api-call-service” throughout all nodes. If I revert back to v0.59.0 everything comes back. I just tried today to update to v0.62.3 and get the same result. Downgrading my websocket fixes my issue. Are there logs that you need to investigate this?

Do just check your HA is updated, and also your Node-RED companion integration.

I have just updated everything and it all appears to be fine.

WebSockets Version: 0.62.3
Home Assistant version: 2024.1.2
Companion version: 3.1.3
Node-RED version: 3.1.3

Add-on version: 17.0.1
Home Assistant OS 11.4
Home Assistant Core: 2024.1.2
Home Assistant Supervisor: 2023.12.0
Node-RED version: v3.1.3
WebSockets Version: 0.59.0 Because 0.62.3 fails for me and so did 0.62.2

In Configuration nodes The server connection shows:
“This node is a type unknown to your installation of Node-RED” using v0.62.3
Where with v0.59.0 it displays my home assistant name.

1 Like

Add-on version: 17.0.2
You are running the latest version of this add-on.
System: Home Assistant OS 11.4 (amd64 / qemux86-64)
Home Assistant Core: 2024.1.2
Home Assistant Supervisor: 2023.12.0
Node-RED version: v3.1.3
Node.js version: v18.19.0
Linux 6.1.71-haos x64 LE
Node-RED Contrib Theme Collection version: v3.1.8
Dashboard version 3.6.2
node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket 0.59.0

Not using Node-Red Companion since this is an installation of HAOS with Node-Red addon not via HACS.

Nothing I can find in the logs that show a problem when using 0.62.3. It just fails to communicate with HA after updating to it and restarting Node-Red as instructed thus anything using the websocket like Home assistant current state of a sensor will have the error as in the picture near the beginning of this thread showing “unknown: api-call-service”.

1 Like

I had a similar issue. It would connect on an initial launch after a reboot of HA but after I clicked out of NR and went back in, it didn’t show connected and I couldn’t enumerate any domains/services. Nothing in the basic logs showed an issue.

After some playing around, I realized I had two Servers listed in NR (from a previous import) and once I disabled the older one, things started working as expected.

HTH.

For those running NR in a docker container, downgrading node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket to 0.59.0 is a quick fix that worked for me:

1. Open a shell into your NR container, then:
$ npm uninstall node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket
$ npm install [email protected]
  1. Exit the container, then restart it:
    $ docker restart <container_name>

2. Reload your browser.

You might have to switch to the data directory first before executing the above commands. Example:

docker exec -it your_nr_container_name /bin/bash
cd /data