Weather Underground integration help

I am trying to use this weather underground integration to pull stats from my weather station. I have modified my configuration.yaml as follows here. I am getting an error that states The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Platform error sensor.wundergroundpws - Integration ‘wundergroundpws’ not found. Any ideas?

Did you install the integration via HACS or manually by copying files? And did you restart HA after instalation (before adding the config lines to yaml)?

Installed manually following the instructions on the github page. I get the error when trying to restart HA.

Well, as I already wrote, after install restart HA before adding anything to configuration.yaml. After restart add the needed config and restart again.

Ok. Just want to be sure I am understanding correctly. You are saying put the custom_components and the www folder contents in place under the config file, restart HA, then modify the configuration.yaml, then restart HA again?

Not sure what you mean by “in place under the config file”, but basicly yes, first just copy the files to the correct place, then restart and then modify configuration.yaml and restart again.

Just tried what you suggested. I put the files from the github custom_component folder in my custom_component folder. I put the files from the github www folder into my www folder. I then restarted HA which worked fine. I then added the sensor data to the configuration.yaml file. Getting this error.

The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Platform error sensor.wundergroundpws - Integration ‘wundergroundpws’ not found.

Well, that’s strange, seems that instalation was not correct… Just to be sure, you are mentioning “custom_component”… did you name the folder “custom_components” (ending with “s”) and placed it inside your config folder?

So, you created a wundergroundpws directory in /config/custom_components and copied the sensor.py, manifest.json, and init.py files into the wundergroundpws directory, then restarted HA? You should see this in the HA log:

2021-10-09 03:41:11 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration wundergroundpws which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

Does this warning appear in the HA log after restart?

Just to be sure: You unpack the .zip? And only copy the folder in the folder named “wundergroundpws”

Also copy wupws_icons directory to the www directory under config.