W'EAU Pool Heater pump - WVFI-010

Fabio,

Nice work! Can you show me how you connect the Weau into Tuya? At my version it is now visable directlly. I have a different version of the Pool heater but i assume the wifi adapter is the same…

Thanks

Well, on the Weau , i had to press 2 buttons at the same time, than i saw a wifi led blinking (pairing mode)
Then in tuya app, within 30 secs you need to add the device , by just clicking “add device” in tuya app, if found the weau device very easy … , but only compatible on 2.4 Ghz wifi band

Fabio,

Thanks!!! It is working now.

Next step is to make some automations. Switch on / off heater etc.

Thanks al lot!

your welcom !

If you find the hvac mode to cool, cause thats missing, let me know :slight_smile:

Looks good. Is it a bit stable? My other tuya devices aren’t always seen online :disappointed:

Mine is stable, I have a good wifi mesh inside and outside :+) , never have issues with my Tuya devices, I have 10 of them, led strips, pet feeder, star lights, gas detectors

Maybe I’ll try it again this weekend, the 2.4Ghz switch is always a bit irritating :grinning: I can’t switch off my 5Ghz and can’t force my phone to use 2.4Ghz :sweat_smile:

Your phone has no impact for connection issues between Tuya devices… Tuya devices need connection to 2.4, but your phone can still be connected to 5.0, there is no direct connection

1 Like

Connected, but seen as v2. See if I can change it to 13kW

Getting somewhere:

1 Like

but to many options :slight_smile:

Only when you click it. Default is set to silent heat :slight_smile:
Can do more with automations now.

1 Like

what did you change in config?

I’m using tuya local and change the weau yaml file in the hacs integration.

yeah, but i mean, how did you add the “cool” ones in the list, can you show me your localtuya setup ?

this part :

Not sure where this it, but I made changes in the device file of the HACS integration: custom_components/tuya_local/devices/weau_pool_heatpump_v2.yaml.

What changes?? You use tuya_local, it’s different then localtuya

It’s has a better support for different devices. I’ve asked the developer to merge my changes into his and he’s looking into it.

Btw, I’ve this one: W'eau Vertical Full Inverter 6kW zwembad warmtepomp

1 Like

Ah, I have the mini model, small Intex pool :slight_smile: