What are the best UK plugs with energy monitoring

Hi @SkyLightNow,

I’m happy to confirm that they absolutely integrate with the energy dashboard!

Let me know if you have any issues!

Great - thank you!

@AAllport when are these back in stock for UK ?

To everyone - what’s the uptime on these things? TPlink ones as much as i liked them do tend to go down every now and then, which is annoying.

@mitchell Why did TPlink kick us out? Everything still works afaik ?

We should be back by the end of the month!
I think we’re planning to turn on backorders later this week.

I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who’s reading this that has placed an order.
There’s something mindblowing as a small business when you run out of stock in 2 consecutive months despite ordering way more frequently than usual.

Our current batch is on the production schedule and will be twice as large as the previous one…
We’ll be doing this for as long as people keep wanting to buy them!

5 Likes

Another option (not knocking the great work from the Local Bytes guys) is the range from Athom. I’ve got a few around the house that have been flawless so far.
Might be an option when Local Bytes are unavailable.

I bought 4 Athom plugs and they all failed within 9 months. They wouldn’t replace them, only give me 50% off buying new ones.

Looking forward to helping you run out of stock next month!

Haha, after the current preorders, we have another ~1600 of this batch left to last till early December.
I’m hoping it’ll be enough. But please, prove me wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Looks like I need to get an order as well.

One of my localbytes plugs has started to stick. A firm tap on the desk usually frees the mechanism up, but it’s super annoying.

Hi Nick,

This shouldn’t be happening!
Wanna drop us an email and we’ll sort it out.

Apologies if you have already. Should clear the weekend backlog this evening!

We’re back in stock… have at it!

We’ve communicated about it previously. It was fine for a while now it’s doing it again.
A sufficient whack seems to have un-stuck it for now

I’ve been inspired by this thread!

Hello, first time poster. About a week ago I started looking to see if smart switched plugs with energy logging exist, and this thread came up after some googling!

My main usecase is to be able to turn off some hard to reach sockets to take a bunch of stuff off standby. This then ballooned when I realised Home Assistant would run on my unraid box (probably as a full OS VM) and make use of that being on all the time. Adding the data logging would be useful in the sad quest to save money on the electric bill, so for the small extra cost I may as well feed alteryx some good data.

So I’ve just bought 3 plugs from MyLocalBytes, will dig into some guides and get a Home Assistant instance running.

I can see more plugs being handy if these work well, and also door sensors, being able to have my google speakers say when my back gate gets opened would be amazing!

Just found this looking for a decent UK energy monitoring smart plug.
Just ordered a couple to try out. If they work I think I’ll be ordering a fair few more in the new year.

Just found this thread - I’ll defo be ordering some (well, asking for my birthday :smiley: ).

And to slightly hijack a thread. @AAllport can you source any 13A / Double 13A socket with power monitoring in? I want to give you my money :smiley:

I’ll second the 13A socket request…

Hi @Geekerbyname & @Tankstage,

We’ll add this to the ideas board.
We’ve had a few similar requests, so, I’ll be doing some searching in the new year.

Be sure to follow our socials to keep track of any updates

3 Likes

What do you mean by kicked out? I have two Kasa plugs and can still buy more

@AAllport how much work would it be to convert the plug from Tasmota to ESPHome and retain the power monitoring features?

1 Like