What did you do to your Home Assistant today!

We used to have these threads on vehicles forums where people could show their mods that they are working on. I’d like to start that here if the admins allow.

Just quick posts or pics of a project you finished up lately. Anything, like a new device/sensor, new card, new dashboard, etc.

Please move lengthy Q&A sessions to messages.

Let’s have fun with it!

4 Likes

I’ll go first!

This weekend I installed switchbot curtains and hub 2. Integrated in to home assistant using matter and also the Bluetooth integration as a back up. Bluetooth will allow you to control each side, matter will not unless you ungroup them in the switchbot app.

I also installed a ton of zooz z-wave stuff I got during black Friday!

3 Likes

Last week I had a new bathroom installed. This includes a mirror with LED lights and demister.

I connected an aqara T2 dual relay to control the LEDs and demister unit.

Next I’ll set the demister to come on automatically when the humidity goes up - when I’m showing.

Mostly though, my time was spent fixing things resulting from the 2023.12 update.

2 Likes

I observed how long the cleaner was here, opened and closed a garage door, and didn’t fall down the stairs in the middle of the night.

5 Likes

These days I’ve been mostly digging in the source code.

Just curious which mirror you bought?

We are going to rebuild the bathroom and this is one feature I would like to install.

I already thought about installing the FP2 presence sensor in the bathroom which will control the lights and mechanic ventilation.

Put a contact sensor on the back door, so that the heating turns off when the dog’s in the garden.

2 Likes

Updated a few integrations/cards … sounds familiar ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @DotNet2Web

The mirror is part of the range from Montrose

Yes, pretty much every day! :joy:

1 Like

This morning, HA corrected my wife’s errant operation of the tumble dryer by announcing “Have you forgotten to press start?”.

I have a Node-RED flow which monitors the smart plug’s energy consumption profile and can tell if it’s been stuck on idle for longer than expected.
Fortunately, it doesn’t monitor how idle I am.

5 Likes

This afternoon my wife went to stay with her mother…

7 Likes
alias: Solar Generation Notification
description: Nightly Solar Generation notification.
trigger:
  - platform: time
    at: "23:30:00"
    id: daily_notify
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id:
      - sensor.mll8d7s00v_output_power
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 15
      seconds: 0
    above: 1500
    id: high_generation
condition: []
action:
  - choose:
      - conditions:
          - condition: trigger
            id:
              - daily_notify
          - condition: numeric_state
            entity_id: sensor.mll8d7s00v_power_generation_today_pvenergytoday
            above: 0.9
        sequence:
          - variables:
              solar_status_text: >-
                {{
                states('sensor.solar_generation_today_status')|default('Unknown')
                }}
              solar_production_value: >-
                {{
                states('sensor.mll8d7s00v_power_generation_today_pvenergytoday')|float(0)
                }}
              solar_estimate_production: >-
                {{
                state_attr('sensor.solar_generation_today_status','Production')|default('0')
                }}
              solar_estimate_tomorrow: "{{ states('sensor.energy_production_tomorrow')|float(0) }}"
          - service: notify.mobile_app_pixel_8_pro
            data:
              title: |
                Solar Status Today: {{ solar_status_text }}
                Solar Generation: {{ solar_production_value }} kWh
                Production of Estimate: {{ solar_estimate_production }}
                Estimate for tomorrow: {{ solar_estimate_tomorrow }} kWh
      - conditions:
          - condition: trigger
            id:
              - high_generation
        sequence:
            data:
              title: |
                Solar Generation Notice
                Solar Generation is currently: {{
                ((states('sensor.mll8d7s00v_output_power')|float(0)) /
                1000)|round(1) }} kW
            data:
              data:
                tts_text: >-
                  Solar generation notification. Currently {{
                  ((states('sensor.mll8d7s00v_output_power')|float(0)) /
                  1000)|round(1) }} killowatts are being generated. Check if
                  there are any high consumption devices you want to turn on.
                priority: high
                ttl: 0
                media_stream: alarm_stream
mode: single

That :slight_smile:

1 Like

Too many more of these types of automations, and you may be looking for a new wife.lol

I do have similar ones for when the washer or dryer are finished. They were her idea though!

1 Like

Well if she can’t do the washing, send her back. Wifing 101.

1 Like

I am adding a temperature and humidity sensor (DHT22) to all my ESP32 with ESPresense so that I can have my ESP32 to do multiple things. I am also 3D printing a case for them.
In general I am wondering around the idea to add also motion sensor and radar sensor (and maybe ambient light?) to create a real multi purpose device.

I went to the dentist then came home and installed a new WAP and POE Switch.

This is really an unbelievably broad question. My whole house is wired into Home Assistant. Virtually every light and many appliances. There isn’t a room in the house that Alexa can’t hear and we’re constantly relying on Alexa to turn things on or off through Node-Red installed on Home Assistant.

1 Like

:scream: :scream: :scream:

I also installed a Everything Presence Sensor one lately and it is awesome. Very accurate. Sounds like you are about to have similar capabilities on all you’re esps. It. Solved all the normal motion sensor problems like lights turning off when you’re standing still and slow restarts when you walk out of a room and right back in. I use motion and mmwave as triggers turn the lights on quickly and only mmwave to keep them on and turn them off. Plus being able to dial in distance of the mmwave means the lights don’t come on when I walk by the kitchen, only when I walk “in” the kitchen. Spouse approval factor was definitely increased.

I changed the question from

what did you do with home assistant…

To

What did you do to home assistant…

Intent was new devices, new cards, dashboards, etc. To show off your projects and inspire others.

I just got a new poe switch ad we’ll when I added reolink cameras to replace my nest cams. Settled on a managed 16 port poe TP-Link. It’s been great.