What does 'The default configuration for add-ons and Home Assistant has changed.' mean?

I get no results when I search for the above error and want to know what will happen if I hit submit.

The full error is

Repair Issue
The default configuration for add-ons and Home Assistant has changed. To update the configuration with the new defaults, a restart is required for the following:
<list of various add-ons>

I’ve never seen this before and everything is currently working, so I’m afraid to press that ‘Submit’ button.

Also getting this after updating to the following:

Home Assistant 2023.6.1
Supervisor 2023.06.1
Operating System 10.2
Frontend 20230608.0 - latest

I’ve clicked the “repair” button and while it says repaired, the error returns shortly after.

I

It’s just updating the default configuration. Nothing to be scared of.

2 Likes

Cool, good to know it’s normal.

I have the same going from 2023.5.4 to 2023.6.2 and it’s confusing.
Will this message then disappear when the ‘updating’ of the configuration is done?

They should have worded this differently I guess as I now clicked ‘submit’ already three times without results and thus likely confusing the update process running.

Yes, the repair will disappear on your next restart.

1 Like

No, for me it returns every time, even after restarts. As @FrenchToast mentioned, the notification returns for him as well

3 Likes

Then manually do what it says, aka restart the addon

It doesn’t really say anything “to do”:

When I hit submit, it says “Success - the issue is repaired”. I also tried the “Check configuration” button under developer tools - the “restart required” notification keeps reappearing

1 Like

That’s an addon. That specific addon is also extremely outdated. Pretty sure it was deprecated by the guy who developed it a year or 2 ago. The error is telling you to restart the addon to get the new defaults. So restart it manually.

1 Like

I see, didn’t know it was an addon.
But the way this is displayed is really a bit confusing, what does the submit button even do then and why is there a success screen afterwards? :smiley:

Thanks a lot for your help! I just uninstalled the addon since it’s deprecated anyway.

It just restarts the addons. There’s a good chance that addon is bugged seeing how old it is.

Yea I figured that out (that it was the addon), it’s deprecated so an uninstall and restart fixed my issue.

Apologies for poor reading skills :sweat_smile:

1 Like

this popped up all of a sudden today (and I havent updated any add-on, am on HA 2023.6.2, and have restarted multiple times ever since this change was introduced…

So, why would this happen today?

1 Like

I had this pop up for me today as well out of the blue. I had to restart 3 times before it cleared. I’m assuming a supervisor update triggered it (nothing else has updated) but nothing in the release notes on Supervisor jump out at me as having triggered something like this.

1 Like

This popped up for me out of nowhere as well. Says four hours ago. No recent update or anything I can tell changed.

just click “submit” and it will clear up. It may reappear after HA has been restarted but it will go away after it’s fully ready.

Does anyone have technical details on why we are seeing this pop up?

Supervisor changed settings that it uses when it starts & maintains containers. It can’t update and use those settings without restarting the containers and adding the settings. So, the button does that.

4 Likes

This popped up for me asking that I restart…

• Home Assistant
  • Asterisk
  • Zigbee2MQTT
  • Frigate Beta (0.12.0)
  • Samba share
  • Mosquitto broker
  • File editor
  • Node-RED

Which I manually did. After the HA restart, it told me only HA needed to be restarted so I clicked “submit” and it told me the issue was repaired.

1 Like