What Wall Switch Options are there?

I’ve been trying out Ankuoo Neo wall switches (I’m in the US and get them from Amazon). They use Wifi, work fine with HA, and are ~$25, less than most of the competitors.

Sonoff touch switch

Link? Please

Here is a link to the Ankuoo wall switches on Amazon, right now if you buy two or more you get a %15 discount making them less than $22 each: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N0S47NK

1 Like

That ad doesn’t even mention what voltages it is compatible with! (or if it does I can’t see it).

Still only one switch per unit too, probably better off with Sonoff, which is very open in terms of firmware upgradeability.

That one looks quite interesting, do you have one? I’m just ordering…

The link I sent is for the US based Amazon site and the Ankuoo is compatible with standard US household voltage (110-120AC, 60 cycles).

I would prefer a sonoff based switch also for the ability to use alternate FW, but the US Sonoff Touch wall switch was poorly designed. The physical dimensions doesn’t allow it to work in a multi-gang outlet. Most newer US homes (last 20 years or so), use mostly 2 or 3 gang switch boxes, making the US Sonoff Touch of limited value.

Secondly, the writing assumes the switch is in a horizontal orientation, standard US light switches and outlets are oriented vertically. This is not a functional issue, but it is an aesthetic one.

The US version of the S20 wall plug also has as issue. It improperly switches the Neutral line while leaving the Hot live. This is a violation of the National Electric Code.

These issues are the unfortunate result of products being designed by people who don’t fully understand the standards of their target market. I have several of the TH’s and the Sonoff basic models, those work great just about anywhere around the world.

1 Like

[quote=“Zeric, post:27, topic:17103, full:true”]
The link I sent is for the US based Amazon site and the Ankuoo is compatible with standard US household voltage (110-120AC, 60 cycles).[/quote] Thanks, no good for me then.[quote]

I would prefer a sonoff based switch also for the ability to use alternate FW, but the US Sonoff Touch wall switch was poorly designed. The physical dimensions doesn’t allow it to work in a multi-gang outlet. Most newer US homes (last 20 years or so), use mostly 2 or 3 gang switch boxes, making the US Sonoff Touch of limited value.[/quote] Yes they need to create a proper 3 gang device. Other manufacturers have done it.[quote]

Secondly, the writing assumes the switch is in a horizontal orientation, standard US light switches and outlets are oriented vertically. This is not a functional issue, but it is an aesthetic one.[/quote] agreed, that is simply dumb. I always hoped it was ignorable or I could scratch the writing off LOL.

I did ask earlier in the thread.

The Xenon wall switches use wifi as opposed to the RF in the TC2 switches so I’m wondering if anyone can confirm for me if they’ll work, they seem affordable and are exactly what I require.

And I said earlier in the thread, I ordered one. It isn’t here yet.

1 Like

Let us know as soon as you’ve got it up and running, I’ve very keen to know… desperate even haha :slight_smile:

Not sure why you don’t test too!

Well of course because I need to buy one too then and wait for it to get here, then order more if the testing goes well and I don’t have that type of time frame unfortunately, nor do I want to waste money on a product I can’t use.

So let’s split the eventually money wasted:p :smile:

How delightfully community minded of you

My switch arrived today, but I am struggling to get it apart without breaking it. Tired after work is probably not the best time to try.

EDIT - got it open. The WiFi chip is ESP-12F so definitely an esp8266 programmable device. Programming pins are not brought out to pads like, eg, sonoff. But looks promising.

More findings and photos will follow.

1 Like

which one?

The one referred to earlier in the thread, the Xenon pointed to by @HellfireZA.

Has anyone considered using this itead based wall switch?
Up to 3 gang available
The tantech version is based on PSB-B04-GL
as pointed out in this thread

https://www.letscontrolit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2721&sid=43a445635192127f45eb7aa835dfa63f

https://www.letscontrolit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13583#p13583

There’s also another one that comes with 4 gang here

https://world.taobao.com/item/540194306845.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4002-15404915171.14.ZBoI9j

Is that available in English? (Looks interesting, but I wouldn’t even know how to order!)