What Wall Switch Options are there?

So do I, hope Xiaomi/Awara can come out the US dimensions switch… I don’t want to cut my house plaster board to match the square dimensions…

i’m just waiting for my wireless battery one to arrive, hopefully it will work as expected
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-Stock-2016-Xiaomi-Aqara-Smart-Light-Control-ZiGBee-Wireless-Key-and-Wall-Switch-Via-Smarphone/32747242617.html

Hi Mark, are you located in NL if I may ask?

England, for my sins…

1 Like

@MarkR I notice the pictures show the wireless one with the 3 wired connections on the back but I think it doesn’t have these? I think it’s just battery operated stick the the wall type switch?

I hope so !! that is why I am buying it… :smiley:

I thought that might be the case :frowning: further down the description it says: “the wireless key can not be wired.”

Think it’s going to end up being this one: http://www.gearbest.com/alarm-systems/pp_610095.html

actually, that is the one I am waiting for. Might have linked the wrong link, as I have bought loads of stuff lately for HA :smiley:

Haha fair enough, I’m just about to order two of the wired ones (also in UK)

Just seen a diagram that shows them wired in a two way switch (top of stairs bottom of stairs) which is exactly what I need. Looks like the wired Zigbee ones have a battery which is how they get around not need a neutral by the looks of it

Slightly confused in this conversation, @badgerhome do the wired Xiaomi Aqaras work fine in the UK without neutral or are you running neutral to the switches?

I’m also in the UK and have 2 Energenie Mi|home wall switches which work with standard UK wiring but require a hub and internet connect unless using the Raspberry Pi addon. Interested in the Xiaomis if they would work without re-wiring my house.

@stevenhorner I can’t confirm 100% as I don’t have any yet. But from what some people have been saying on here and on the product description it would appear they do not require neutral.

@MarkR how you planning to use them? Tempted to stick them over my existing switches to control wireless bulbs but concerned about the latency. What’s it like on the xiaomi wireless switches?

Mmhh maybe has a battery?

it all depends on my wife :smiley:my plan is to replace the existing switch (join the wires behind to create a permanent on) and use these to turn on and off.

She loves our brushed chrome light switches, so it might be a challenge, but she also hates not being able to turn them on via the switch but loves the hue colours etc.

I still don’t have my Xiaomi hub… taking ages from “Bristol” to arrive…

Hehe. I’m tempted to do the same thing. Wire them permanent and stick them on top… just depends on the latency really. Might order a wired one and a wireless one and compare.

well the hub and switch and sensors all arrive and works a treat except the wall switch. It only has 1 click function, should be 1, 2 and long press… and in HA it shows as off all the time… The other sensors work a treat, just not the one thing I wanted to so far :smiley:

1 Like

ok got it working but only the single click works, which is annoying as I wanted double/long to turn a light off after single turned it on.
Latency, seriously what latency… it is as fast as a powered normal light switch, unreal.

1 Like

ok so it doesn’t support more than 1 click, but as pointed out in another thread to me just now… use light.toggle!! Hopefully this is a wife winner now

alias: Toggle the livingroom lights
trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: click
    event_data:
      entity_id: binary_sensor.wall_switch_158d0001830ce8
      click_type: single

action:
  - service: light.toggle
    entity_id: light.living_room_white

1 click ON, 1 click OFF WOO HOO bloody hell I am 46, I need to grow up :smiley:

2 Likes

Any chance you can snap some pics/vid?

Does this help? far bulb is a hue colour and closer one is a Innr colour. As you can see it is quick. The Xiaomi hub is downstairs and the HA RPi is near it and the Hue hub is in another room downstairs.

well my great hope of it being a wife winner fell flat :expressionless: She said, yep great doesn’t match the chorme light fittings we have and can you tell I am getting sick of all of this now? so I can turn a light on via a none matching light switch, when I could press a switch 6 months ago… (she loves it when it suits, alarm, coloured lights, automation when away/home/security)

1 Like