What Wall Switch Options are there?

Bugger, seems to be UK format only.

US version coming soon, according to their staff anyway

Only problem as mentioned about is it requires Live and Neutral, which most wall switches aren’t wired with. This is the problem we all know they need to overcome.

Dunno what the wiring is like where you live, but neutral to the switch is normal here.

Just wondering, does the sonoff touch panel glass gets a bit warm? Is that normal for wifi switch?
It’s a bit different with RF switch like broadlink tc2/other 3rd party RF switch panel that stays cool.

Let’s hope they get the orientation right this time!

In the UK, all the connections are made at the light fitting and only the live loops from the light fitting to the switch. The one exception is outside lights for obvious reasons!

Same in France.

I need rectangular version but for Italy

I’m looking for a switch that will control a WiFi Enabled MQTT bulb running [AiLight] (https://github.com/stelgenhof/AiLight).

My problem is:

1. I have no Neutral at the switch
  2. I want a solution that will still work if my network goes down (switching power on and off locally at the wall switch)
  3. Dimming from the wall switch that goes via a command to HASS (MQTT, ZWave or similar - If network goes down, I have no dimming function at the switch but don’t care about that so much)

I don’t think there’s anything that exists today that will do this though :frowning: but as soon as there is I’ll be buying 8 of them :wink:

This just showed up in my recommended list

Looks like another version of sonoff t1 (also with rf and up to 3 gang option)
And apparently it’s single zero fire, so no neutral wire for installation?

1 Like

Wifi with no neutral wire… have you got a link to the product page!?

That is the holy grail. Apparently the new Aqara switch doesn’t need a neutral. That’s what they are saying on the Smartthings forums. They both must leech a tiny amount of current. Or have batteries. Either of which I’m cool with.

1 Like

I ordered 2 units, should arrive next week. Looks like the chip is also psf b85 similar to sonoff 4ch pro, maybe I could try flashing sonoff 4ch pro device on it (I flashed sonoff 4ch espurna /tasmota on the 4 gang switch that I had)

I was planning to grab a few sonoff t1 since they’re starting to ship tomorrow but I’m gonna test this one first.

Got link for that new aqara switch?

2 Likes

It’s hyperlinked on my previous post

1 Like

Very interested to hear the outcome of loading the tasmota firmware, thank you :slight_smile:

me too :smiley:

All info I can find right now is here:

And this post specifically:

Yes. You are right, it doesn’t require neutral and is stateful. This is a push button switch and would be awesome if it has a on/off light indicator on the physical switch.

I have it integrated with ST via home-assistant.io (MQTT) / Xiaomi Gateway

I’m thinking of getting some of these.

Just wondering, is there an option to wire two of them in a 2-way configuration? (e.g. light switch at top and bottom of stairs)

I’m guessing there isn’t an the only option is two use one as the main switch and then the battery wireless version as a slave.

Now all I need is a switch with US dimensions.