Where is supervisor (Hassio) from home assistant installed via docker?

I installed home assistant via docker, on windows 10 PC and on Ubuntu 18.04. PC I cannot see the supervisor choise (old Hassio).

2 Likes

same here, any news?

You installed Home Assistant - Core not Home Assistant - Supervised (hassio)
Check Developer Tools > Info > System Health. It will look like this or similar if you have hassio:
(ie hassio TRUE - yours will say False)

1 Like

Ok, but how get supervised from docker instalation?
I used this link as reference https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/installation/docker/
running: docker run --init -d --name="home-assistant" -e "TZ=America/New_York" -v /PATH_TO_YOUR_CONFIG:/config --net=host homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:stable

Thanks

Try this:

Scroll down the page to the section titled:
ā€œAlternative: install Home Assistant Supervised on a generic Linux hostā€

haha, just did before I seen your post. Ty a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just moved from ubuntu vm to the vmdk image from hassos on my qnap nas. Installing on a ubuntu lxc container does not work. Generic linux is not supported anymore.

this is not really true, deprecation is on hold.

1 Like

It will drop eventually i gues. Install script already fails on ubuntu lxc container. Switched from own vm to hassio vm to be sure.

when they will iā€™ll see what to do, why put effort now if i can postpone it?
the important thing is: for now it works.
when they will drop, if ever, i have time meanwhile to search for alternatives.

I already moved platform, just in case. If generic linux is only maintaned by 1 guy you can expect problems.

No solution !!!
No rubrique :ā€œAlternative: install Home Assistant Supervised on a generic Linux hostā€ !!!

Exactly the same issue !

Do you have some information with latest version HA on Docker to add HASSIO ?

With docker-compose only if possible

There is non, docker is without superviser. running vmā€™s now.

Hi,

I understand it is not recommended anymore to install HA with Docker if we want to access the Supervisor panel (which seems essential to meā€¦). So which method would you recommend under Raspbian?

Thanks

Edit : just found this page. Will try itā€¦

youā€™ll not have supervisor panel anyway.
The only ways are hassOS or use supervised on linux.
For the second, you have to search a bit because ā€œofficialā€ repo is broken, you can use this: [On Hold] Deprecating Home Assistant Supervised on generic Linux

1 Like

Youā€™re right, Supervisor is not included in the ā€œManual installationā€ version, itā€™s a shame.

So I have to chose between:

• hassOS which does not support my Respeaker microphone as the drivers are still not implemented
  • Supervised Ha which is deprecated
  • Unsupervised version. I confess I do not know yet how to install add-ons or restore my snapshot with this version

What would you recommend???

iā€™m using supervised on linux.
If you have enough resources or itā€™s fine to completely reserve HW to hassOS or you donā€™t plan to use that HW for anything else than HA/addons, then go to hassOS.
Otherwise go to supervised on linux.

I was fine with hassOS lately, but as the respeaker is not supported Iā€™m trying to find other options. Do you know a way to install the drivers for repseaker on hassOS?

Alternatively, is there a clear tutorial on how to install supervised on Linux?

Thanks

you basically canā€™t install any drivers and you are very limited in such operations, with hassOS.
If you go to the link i posted, youā€™ll see the script to launch for installing HA+supervisor ( hassio ) on linux.
Other than that you can read everything posted here: https://github.com/home-assistant/supervised-installer