Which Aircondition (Heat/Cool) can be controlled by HA

I also use SmartIR with a broadlink, as the AC is a ‘dumb’ oldy…
But, as mentioned, no feedback, so if the AC misses an IR command, HA wouldn’t know about it :thinking:

So i prefer to use the EspHome module, easy and works flawless on my 2 other AC’s

I believe Sensibo stays in sync with the IR remote - in the sense that when you use the remote, Sensibo can read it as well as the AC reading it.

Mitsubishi via MEL cloud too. But in oposite direction, because my mitsubishi AC have ‘smart’ remote with display, it memorizes state of the AC and when is something changed via cloud, remote don’t see change. Not very important, but annoying.

Hast anyone experience with Samsung aircons with integrated WiFi?

Well, it is almost two years later now and I have currently the same question as Thomas stated in Sep. 2022. Now almost all new current available ACs are “smart” and can therefore be controlled by browser/web/app. But which of all those work well with HA? Any current recommendations for the German market? I do know that there is a well maintained list of working Integrations - but that does not list a personal recommendation. Using a remote ESPHome IR is an option but as I buy a new AC, I would prefer an API connection so I can read settings and stats as well.

Most midea branded AC’s can be fitted with an esphome module :grin:

1 Like

What are your requirements for your A/C?

You can get a lot of branded Midea A/Cs in Germany, or if you are suited for that, in one of the EU markets, like Italy. There you can get even better prices.

I ordered my Olimpia Splendid via a german supplier, labeled with their name. Quite happy with it, and ESPHome is so much better than the provided Wifi-dongle from Midea. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You ask for the requirements. Well, I need to cool 3 rooms and therefore 1x3.5kw and 2x2.5 kw. They need to be low in noise but can be high in power consumption.
And the main requirement is - they need to be accessible in Home Assistant but please without the need to open them on the first day to modify the hardware.

Thanks for the link to the supported AC brands. However, it is not really my intension to buy brand new and then fit an esphome module inside the new AC as that will most likely end my warranty for the device on that first day.

You really, really need to inform yourself better, really. :wink: :slight_smile: It’s not meant rude, but all your questions, and worries, are already answered quite often, not only here in this topic. :wink:

All this here works without interfering with the A/C unit. What you actually do, is preparing an USB dongle with ESPHome and put that in your unit. Depending on how exact you did the work with your dongle, it is something between putting a USB dongle into a USB port and not use the USB port, but the cables that are connecting it.

In the end, you’re doing exactly, what Midea (or whatever brand) does. You’re connecting a Wifi dongle with the unit.

There is no chance, you’d void the guarantee! Period! :slight_smile:

Take a look at klimaworld(.)com and look for their own branded units. :slight_smile:

1 Like

well well, that does sound like a valid idea. So that is a working solution for Midea and similar models. But what about the other big names on the market (Daikin, Mitsubishi, Panasonic …) do they work similar best with ESP32 or are there other solutions?

I know there’s the recently released Faikin module for Daikin.
Seems to work exactly like the Midea one does, in the sense that it’s just a dongle.

I don’t have any personal experience with it though (but have seen plenty of praise for it), so please do your own research before committing.

2 Likes

Panasonic works, but it uses the cloud (and as far as I know, it can’t work with esphome for now)
It fails every now and then, and I have to re-set it up every now and then (I am using this in the office)
In short…it doesn’t compare to the esphome solution at home…

1 Like

If you look around here in this forum, you’ll find solutions for a lot of other brands, I for one can only speak about the Midea units. This is what I use, and I know for sure, it’s by far the most extensive module, you can find for controlling an A/C locally!

For me there is no reason to look elsewhere, because I exactly got what I wanted:

• a well-known manufacturer
  • a seller and/or brand, that is known for good support, if somethings wrong
  • an A/C unit, that gives me local control, without loosing too much functionality
  • good value for my money

As I looked around, turned out, this module is the only one, that ticks all boxes, so I bought mine and never looked back. :slight_smile:

And now I’m here, five years later, and would still buy the same combination (in fact I have bought a similar A/C unit for a friend, if that counts :laughing: )

1 Like

sooo, I am getting a better picture. Midea & ESPHome seems to offer what I am looking for.
Now I have an offer for this:
2 x Midea Xtreme Save Pro 09
and
1 x Midea Xtreme Save Pro 12
AKA
MSAGAU-09HRFN8-ME
and
MSAGBU-12HRFN8-ME
which I would like to use with these:
SMARTLIGHT SLWF-01 pro
but I can’t find proof that this combination will work until I spend a huge amount of money and try it out myself?
It is not listed here:
any suggestions?

Does it use the OSK102/OSK103 wifi dongle?

I will have to ask my supplier or somebody here in the forum knows it.

Let me save you some trouble. According to this site, the Xtreme Pro uses the SK103 dongle

1 Like

Thanks - that is good to know - but what does that tell me about the compatability with the SLWF-01 pro? @aceindy does that tell you anything as you explicitly asked for the use of the OSK102/OSK103 wifi dongle?

https://smlight.tech/product/slwf-01/

This is an esphome module ready made by an ukrainian company, same as the esphome module we are referring to

1 Like