Whoop! heart rate monitoring - integration

Whoop has finally created an api.
Cant we create a link between home automation and health monitoring?! :smiley:

Bah! I really wish they would have included device battery monitoring on it. That’s what I needed the most to remind me when it’s getting low.

2 Likes

They are responsive to feedback, so maybe if we get this integrated, we could just ask them :slight_smile:

Has anybody followed up on this?

Not yet :slight_smile:
But i’m hopefull. Since whoop is basically a BLE HR-monitor, it could be used as presence detection as well as “wellbeing - home automation” link.

Hey there, has anyone managed to create an integration for Whoop yet?

I am currently working on an integration.
Yet only in the early stages - Hope to have some time in the holidays

4 Likes

I would be willing to pay for this, send "buy a coffee’ Link or something if you need some motivation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m making the integration since there doesn’t seem to be one still. Are people ok with signing up for whoop developer portal and copy pasting their oauth credentials into home assistant popup dialog? I would assume so because that is how a lot of integrations are made (e.g. Tuya cloud).

Also what sort of info do you guys want from whoop. Keep in mind that whoop api doesn’t show live data and it is read only. If people could write what scenarios they would like to use whoop with HA that would be great. It would allow me to figure out what I need to expose to HA and what I do not.

2 Likes

An example I thought of is a bed time alarm. So every day an alarm would automatically be set for your recommended bed time based on whoop data. It can turn off lights or play a sound on your speakers.

1 Like

When the body temperature is “elevated” set the “comfort” temperature setting of the AC at “setpoint +1” for example.
Since it’s a BLE beacon basically, a link to esphome or presence detection of some sort would also be nice.
A stress alert, telling you to chill out for the rest of the afternoon, or something. If you hit your recomended strain.
Just thinking out loud.

Oauth seems fine, google integration works that way.
But the youtube music integration was also like that, and made a change to just standard credentials, if i’m not mistaken. (Login/mail & Account password.)
Oauth, would work for me, but would generate a bigger “onboarding step” to overcome.

Thanks a lot for looking in to it!
Available to help where i can, altough this is all quite new for me, i do have some JS an Python basic knowledge. (+ what i learned using HA offcource. :slight_smile: )

I don’t have the device yet, but would be interested in ‘stress alerts’. That’d require semi realtime data (HR/HRV/??), but not sure if that is possible.

I’m okay with signing up for the developer portal.

Scenarios that I see currently:

• With the recovery score, I could schedule out specific events on my calendar (high recovery = hard exercise, so-so recovery = cardio & others, bad recovery = additional nap and recovery activities)
  • With the strain score, if by a certain time of the day I haven’t reached a set strain score via a helper, schedule additional exercise.
  • With the sleep items, basically to set my bedtime early based on sleep needed.
  • If insights are available, possibly to see the insights and use selected ones as triggers

I am also interested in this! Let me know if you need a tester :slight_smile: