WHT why can't I add an energy price overlay on the energy graph

In Sweden it’s very popular with energy price per hour. I guess that this exists on other places than Sweden.

However, it would be very nice if we could add a sensor (like the solar forecast) that shows the energy price as a dotted line (like the solar forecast) for every our in the energy dashboard.

Today this must be solved with apex charts, but I think this would be a really nice function.

It could look something like this. It would be really nice to see how your energy consumption depending on the energy price.

This probably work only if you have tarifs like tibber or awattar - where you’re price will be somehow “live” and predicted into the future.
For most people that have a yearly tarif - it would probably not make much sense to have such a chard.

But yes, for those with flexible tarifs - it would be a nice additional information - and maybe, it can somehow be integrated with night / day - or other flexible tarifs…

I think, this might be a step into the furture - if we do get a “smart grid” here in Europa… one day… :smiley:
But if this will be implemented, it should not have the same design (dashed, black) as the solar forecast… just consider a different look :slight_smile:

[quote=“henkepenka, post:1, topic:481062”]
I would like to see this type of graph added, these types of tariffs are on the increase around the world. In the UK Octopus Agile has 1/2 hour charging blocks notified at about 16:00 each day for the the next 30 hours or so. Actual consumed data isn’t shown in real time but usually with a 24 hour delay which is a bit of a pain. It might be a good idea to have the option to be able to add carbon intensity to that graph as well, it is available for the UK from https://www.carbonintensity.org.uk/ and I guess for other countries too, a bit outside the scope of what you are trying to do but if the option of enabling the graph is there, others could probably handle the code to make the data available.

1 Like

For Sweden, Norway and Finland. From most if not all energy companies you can buy spot price + as tariff, then you can use nordpool API to fetch the spot price 48 hours in advance.

1 Like

It is the same for Denmark. And from January the tarifs are being changed radically so there is a 10x difference between night tarifs and rush hour (from 17 to 21) tarifs - on top of the per hourly changing spot price from nordpool.

1 Like

This is starting to take off in the Netherlands as well, for instance:

easyenergy

1 Like

Yep, UK too.

This is the present, not the future (and has been for a while, so I guess it is the past too).

This makes sense for those with overnight cheap rates as well as ‘agile’ half-hourly variable rates.