Why are people asking the same questions over and over again? (Or the Regulars' Chatroom) šŸ¤·

If they canā€™t figure that out from our normal, day to day comments, they just arenā€™t paying attentionā€¦ :laughing:

5 Likes

Thereā€™s understandā€¦ then thereā€™s hyjack

Not only !,i would say Everyone but IKEA :laughing: ( Well for their furniture assemble , that is ) , even thou their Zigbee Hub with Devices and APP , is a ā€œno brainerā€ , nothing much can go wrong, because one canā€™t do anything but click-through, ā€œlet it runā€ , and donā€™t ever think about whatā€™s going on , behind the curtain !

1 Like

Itā€™s Not !, easiest is installing File-Editor, basic although sufficient for most basic needs, and as simple as Anyone who can navigate and succeed in, in alot/most of use-cases ( first thing most people are thinking about actually ā€œHow Can I Edit A Fileā€, " How Can i Find A File"
As Google as well as The Search Box in this Forum, can provide answers to this question, i find it somehow peculiar that this is/could even a problem for 98+1% of the Population , True i am aware that for -1%, even this is a ā€œtask to overcomeā€

I agree, the VS Code add-on is a resource hog.

2 Likes

Tips on Searching for Answers & Duplicate Topics in the Forum.

It is a wiki you can add to.

Also making one for the editor is something that could be done.
The best part of code server is the HA extension that helps with context and spacing, template formatting, entity lists, and the reload abilities right in the program. Resource hog yes, but it does many many things to help the user.

1 Like

Yeah i like(need) VS-Code for some tasks , but mostly use file-editor, and/or raw editor.

However for me to write a ā€œWikiā€, it would require some time, going through my "de-railings " :smile: , sometimes i even wonder how i ended up in a particular ā€œside-trackā€ or ā€œahead ofā€ , and /or people wonder what i mean, because i might already( in my head ) be 2-3 steps ahead / or on a side-track of the "conversation / current state in the discussed topic/planning/progress :thinking:

But do remind me, as i currently have to focus on getting some firewood down/cut/split n stored, for next freaking cold season

Just so that you are aware, youā€™re arguing with the wrong person.

I didnā€™t write this. Itā€™s a section from the official wiki that I was using as an example.

Throw a man from a plane and heā€™ll fly the rest of his life.

I couldnā€™t resist.

8 Likes

My firewood for next year is the rest of some emerald ash borer victims filling up my yard and a storm downed honey locust in the neighbors yard, both killing the grass. To wet to get there with the tractor, though.

1 Like

I made some formatting changes to the cookbook post and added a few links.

3 Likes

I Took the liberty to add some to your ā€œSearch-Wikiā€
PS: Feel free to edit to your liking

1 Like

Im Not !, it was My opinion, but apparently you missed the last an most important part, which is a foundation for this Forum to stay as a Popular Interface( Solution Database/Forum ) for Search, Find and Help, And not cluttered down because everyone act and think like You, as your self mention.

Which in the end is just another repetition !
Doe to this

Trust me, most people have gone through the same phase , some chooses to read more, search more, test / try more, however a few (very few) decides to pump in tons of new Topics, thinking they are entitled to just because they find Itā€™s easier, and ā€œmy case is specialā€

And you already think there is way to many Topics/Post in here ?

Iā€™ve always gone with the mentality that ā€œI canā€™t possibly be the only idiot who got stumped on thisā€. Sure enough, Iā€™d almost always find a post or some random google result to nudge me forward just enough to invariably stumble on the next step. Rinse and repeat and eventually youā€™ll get there.

Itā€™s a bit like playing Elden Ring (or anything by FromSoft) - you might fail a hundred times, but you only need to get it right just once to progress.

3 Likes

TIL ā€“ found anther cool editing trick.
Start of line in here, type > then > a couple more times followed by a 3 -. No spaces.

Nice different dividing line.

2 Likes

> in markdown is like quoting someone

1 Like

Stacking them made a cool effect, never seen before it slipped out.

Worth a read

ā€œillustrates how talented people continuously design bad software-based products and why we need technology to work the way average people think.ā€

https://www.amazon.com/Inmates-Are-Running-Asylum-Products/dp/0672326140?nodl=1&dplnkId=4b764368-d99b-48c5-83bb-0af3a8f123a1

Another guide for the cookbook list?

Done
You know, we wonā€™t explode it you add these yourselfā€¦

Contributors

New posts in this series (or improvements to existing ones - each post is a wiki) are welcome.

• Make a post in Community Guides and tag it with cookbook.
  • Include a link to the index
  • Add a link from the index