Why are people asking the same questions over and over again? (Or the Regulars' Chatroom) šŸ¤·

Iā€™ve asked @AngellusMortis to do a write up.

2 Likes

In the same spirt of a Home Assistant Cookbook - Index, what thoughts do folks have on a Home Assistant Troubleshooting - Index ?

4 Likes

Go for it! :smile:

Thatā€™s gonna be a LOT of index entries :wink: lol

1 Like

Iā€™ll give it a start but I was initially thinking just the basics & that we see often. I hope to have a draft soon.

After consultation with contributors, Iā€™ve removed the Mushroom Cards entry from the cookbook index. Third-party integrations and cards are a very deep rabbit holeā€¦ :laughing:

4 Likes

Considering the way this thread has turned, how about someone moves it to the Social tag instead of Configuration?

Iā€™d love there to be something similar to the mods thread somewhere above, maybe restricted to Regulars and Experts, but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s actually possible with Discord.

1 Like

And perhaps change the subject line.

2 Likes

Iā€™m half tempted to propose an ā€˜Anti-Socialā€™ tag, but it might be a bit lonely there.

5 Likes

How about this one for the cookbook? Advanced section?

Iā€™d think thatā€™s out of scope given itā€™s not specific to HA, but Iā€™ll defer to the masses.

3 Likes

Tried to read that post a few times. By the second paragraph my eyes would glaze over & Iā€™d just scroll down to the bottom or close the tab.

1 Like

(Or the Regularsā€™ Chatroom)

Ughā€¦ yaā€™ll are going to get me back on Discord again with crap like that. lmao

Since this thread has moved to social Iā€™ve started a new Cookbook Discussion thread. :grin:

4 Likes

I tweaked the title yesterday before reading this as a lark, fyiā€¦

What about a Blueprints section in the Cookbook and posts regarding the HA commands and such, not any specific authors blueprint problem.

The one I just put in automation should go there and I have something else I just found, could turn that one into a community guide and index it.

Using action inputs in automations.

I think Blueprints should be included, but need vetted in some way first. Maybe a submission channel as a buffer, then publication?

I donā€™t (and not just because I donā€™t use them).

Itā€™s an educational reference.

People learn nothing from using blueprints.

7 Likes

So a :rabbit: hole :laughing:

I always break down the blueprint, but thatā€™s probably not the norm. I can see your argument.

1 Like

People using them learn nothing, but they are targeted at that audience to use not learn from. Those wikiā€™s are not written for them, rather for people writing BPs.

Someone using a BP could care less about a selector, for instance, but someone writing one does.

And not using them is like saying you wonā€™t use class libraries because you didnā€™t write it so you didnā€™t learn anything by just using them.

1 Like