thanks for your post.
Here some answers
- I installed Hassio (on its time) and felt into trouble with connection and update issues.
I had no means to connect to the OS and try to understand what was the root cause.
- I re-organized my LAN forcing MAC address linked to IP address (good / not good, no matter, it is how I set my Wifi) - but there had no impact on HA
- I have had many issues with upgrading HassOS, … and finally decided to test another way to install it.
Problem is that docker version does not offer same services (Supervisor not present) … and the nightmare began.
My “old Hassio-> HassOS” is still up and running, but installing different add-ons, modules is not as easy as it should.
OK, you can find doc, YouTube, … but again, on Internet you find everything, once you have the correct keywords, if not, you find always the same articles written by people positionned by their vues and not by thee quality of the content.
After this, I wanted to make my ZigBee devices to communicate with HA … (using Tuya), Murphy came in the game.
In parallel, to preserve my SD cards, I moved to a SSD … at least I tried.
I felt in many issues : faulty SSD - Dead On Arrival, bluddy stupid MAC address randomization with NetworkManager imposed preventing DHCP to do its job, …
This means 2 ways of working :
- Continue pure HAssOS, with docker modules and a second Raspberry like now for RFX 433, Z-Wave, …
- Debian with supervised version, using other soft on the same Raspberry
Last point, I want to create a small box for my brother, something easy to manage and simple to use.
Voilà, that’s mainly the reason of that post
Many thanks, till now, for all your help and advises, I will follow them, and work with two environment in parallel.
For what concerns the documentation, I think, a central repository would be appreciated.