Why russian thread was closed by Admin?

The thread was closed by @Tinkerer w/o an explanation.

I guess language, see point 0:

2 Likes

Exactly.

This is an English only forum. That topic linked to where to get help in Russian, and people were instead asking for help there.

1 Like

Usually if someone writes in other language, a Moderator (or someone else) says smth like ā€œwrite in englishā€ - but here the whole thread was just closed w/o giving a person a chance to edit his post.

The post is closed, the information is still accessible - people just canā€™t post in it.

1 Like

Why do you disable a possibility to post? Some russian person cannot post a link to another channel/site?

If somebody needs to do that they can message any mod/admin and a link can be added.

There is a link to the Russian language Home Assistant channel on Telegram here:

1 Like

Personally me not interested to get these links.
This is about beginners who will not go to Rules for searching links to russian forums.
Ok, do what you want))

Why do not you close all threads and let users to ask admins to add smth to their own post? ))

So, it is unfortunate that people ā€˜will not go to Rulesā€™.

In EVERY situation. People can NOT just do what they want!

Also not interested in this BS. But, felt compelled to respond :thinking:

Added the reason for closing in the topic. In future please flag posts that are not written in English for moderation.

4 Likes

Iā€™m amazed this even is a discussion.
If you register as a new user and you donā€™t feel the need to read the FAQ which is fine to some degree, but then you also completely ignore that there is not a single other topic that is written in anything but English.
As soon as you open any subforum you see 10 topics without scrolling, all in English, and yet there is nothing telling you this could be out of a reason?

Just looking at how many spam posts there are every day some not in English I would understand a moderator to just delete or lock the thread.

3 Likes

ā€¦ and yet you continue this thread & discussion.

A usual behaviour for a beginner - not following strict rules. Besides, there were other posts in that thread in Russian which was not considered to be a crime. No wonder that that beginner wrote in Russian.
As I said, it was better to merely flag that ā€œwrong postā€ instead of closing the whole thread.
But you can keep your opinion, have no desire either to convince anyone or continue this discussion).

It was actually. Do not reply in in anything but English.

1 Like

So because the moderators once missed a thread with four replies and didnā€™t lock it in your set timeframe then it should be according to rules (which it isnā€™t) and there for remain open.

Okā€¦

Why donā€™t you let the admins and moderators do their job, what benefit is it to you to try and dunk on someone who is clearly frustrated and slightly emotional?

Iā€™m noticing a lot of this type of attitude on this forum, on discord and on Reddit. This is supposedly a community where we try and help each other, not break each other down to make ourselves feel better.

:frowning:

2 Likes

Thank you for a support, but this is a bit exaggerated, I see killed men almost every day and these community ā€œincidentsā€ are rather tiny as well as people who enjoy them)). Some people seem to self-express themselves only in internetā€¦

Thatā€™s fair, I was more making the point that I wish we could get back to helping each other rather than jumping on the bandwagon to break some one down.

No offence, I more ment ā€œemotionalā€ as angry.

1 Like

Absolutely agree, amigo!

Can we lock this ā€˜discussionā€™?

It really is going nowhere.