Window open, climate off

Appreciate the change. It’s been downloaded and installed. Will advise if trouble arises.

Thank you.

1 Like

Can you share the Trace?

Really helpful blueprint which saves a lot of time. Thank you for it.

I have a quite large living room with 4 windows and 2 radiators. For the window sensors I created a group, but the helper doesn’t support a climate group. I did it with the old syntax in the yaml configuration, but this wouldn’t be recognized by your blueprint.
Of course I can use 2 automations, one for each radiator, but is there maybe a more elegant solution for this?

Yes, grouping climate devices is not possible because of the different states a climate device has. It is a bit more complex as e.g. a binary sensor (open/close).

I have added a second thermostat that acts as a slave. So if it has Home Assistant different state than the master, it will be overwritten.

Here is a version with two thermostats:

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

Let me know if it is working for you! Furthermore, would also like to know what thermostats you are using (vendor and model). Thanks and have a nice day!

Hi Amon,
This was a quick addition. You are amazing. It works perfect.

I am using Tado thermostats locally via HomeKit controller.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

After suffering through trial & error with my own automations (to get “back to previous state” to work) I stumbled upon your blueprint & must say a huge thanks!

1 Like

Hi Amon,

First off, thanks so much for this. I was able to get multiple window switches operating on multiple thermostats exactly as I needed with very little trouble, amazing.

Just one quick question, would it be hard to make it also work with the ‘generic_hygrostat’ integration? I’ve been looking at using that to control a dehumidifier and would like to shut that off if the windows are open too.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Dunc

No - easy! Just use the service: humidifier.turn_off and service: humidifier.turn_off in the additional action part

This version is for one climate entity and optional actions

e.g. for turning off Humidifier by calling the service humidifier.turn_off. If you have two thermostats, use this one here.

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

1 Like

Hiya,

Ah ha I see, I was on the blueprint without additional actions. I’ve switched to this one and is working fine indeed.

Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers,

Dunc

Hi and thank you for your time creating this amazing blueprint.

It works great for the most part. I recently set my system to Heat_Cool then tested the automation and for some reason it failed to set Heat_Cool so it set the system to Heat instead. I’ll attach the pertinent trace below.

I would also like to create a delay to resume system operation after a door/window has closed to help prevent ‘short cycling’ if possible.

Thanks

Executed: October 10, 2022 at 4:25:55 PM
Result:

result: false

conditions/0

Result:

conditions/0/entity_id/0

Result:

state: heat
wanted_state: heat_cool

Hi, can you make a screenshot of the trace? I have just tested it with my heat_cool climate.entity device, and it is working as expected. The information you shared is the not offcondition of the blueprint ( so it fires at any on state) and is correct.

Please check your hvac_modes: of your climate.entity under developer tools and share it with us.

For the requirement of a delay after closing, please use this version of the Blueprint mentioned in this post

Hey I love your Blueprint int realy is exactly what I was looking for. Is there any way to trigger more than one climat device? (I have multiple windows and two heaters in my livingroom and would love to have it in one automation)

Yes, there is: See this post Window open, climate off - #168 by SmartLiving.Rocks

1 Like

I am realy confused right now. I tested the blueprint in the bedroom and it worked nicely (aquara window/door sensors with homematic Ip thermostats). So I thought lets go for the rest of the house (kitchen one more room and the livingroom with 2 heaters) so I did and for the livingroom I used the 2 Heater option. Everything setup exactly the same but for some ODD reason ALL the other rooms switch to BOOST mode when the windows are open instead of turning them off. (wich is basicly the opposit of what I want). Has someone got a clue why this is happening or what i did wrong? I need help i love this blueprint.

Check this posts:

Ah ok i didnt now that. I am still wondering why it worked in the bedroom though since its exactly the same thermostat. Well now I need to finde a way to adapt this somehow. ty

Edit: It works but it does not turn it compleatly of like the other one and I have the problem now again that I have two heaters in the livingroom. Well thats life I guess

Please send us a screenshot of the HomematicIP thermostat. I want to know what state attribute it provides to Home Assistant.

Open your Home Assistant instance and show your state developer tools.

@wurzel12 also reported some strange behavior of his Fritz DECT TVR von AVM - please also send us the state attribute of your climate device.

Here is an example of the information needed:

Share your Trace information as well

In addition to that, please also share the trace so that we can analyze the problem professionally. Thanks!

Here are the ones you want, the state attribute and trace.
AVM Comet
Comet
AVM DECT301
DECT_301
Trace

Hope it helps…
If you need more info, just ask

Thanks for sharing the information! I have made some research for your thermostat and it confuses me a bit.

How long does it take for the thermostat to receive a new temperature, for example, if you adjust it via the Home Assistant UI? Is it instantly or t´does it take minutes (up to 10)?

Yes, that’s a bit strange, AVM uses DECT to control the thermostats.
HA sends the command to the FritzBox and the box at intervals of 15 minutes to the thermostat.
Depending on when HA issues the command, it can take up to 15 minutes for the thermostat to respond.
The Comet thermostat is instantly responsive, although it also uses DECT it is all a bit confuse.
I think what’s missing is reading out the current Preset_Mode, and then putting it back into HA.