Window Roller with Hassio

I have motored window shutters and managed by remote control (no switch). I want to make them smart installing a Relay. I am little bit confused if it is better to use WiFi, Zwave or Zigbee. I have all of them in my Pi.
I was thinking about Shelly for WiFi or TKB home TZ75 from ZWave.
Any one have any good suggestion to do so?

Thank you

what frequency does the remote control work on? You could simply try the Broadlink Integration. It is a little fiddly to get the rf commands, but it is probably your path of least resistance as long as the Frequency of the remote is supported by Broadlink…

Yeh it is good solution, but I can just open and close, not set for example open 50% or something like that which can be done for example by shelly

You can do that with automation. For example… a switch which triggers an automation which firstly opens the blinds and then after 3 seconds the automation executes the stop… and voila… your blinds are not 100% open or close… also you would probably create a template cover and the cover entities have their own specific commands built in around tilt etc… but I dont use that feature… mine are either open or close…

ok Great. I oredered one, lets see. Thank you very much

cool, here is an example of one of my template covers:

- platform: template
  covers:
    finn:
      friendly_name: "Finn Blinds"
      value_template: "{{ states('binary_sensor.finn_blind_sensor')|regex_replace('on','open')|regex_replace('off','closed') }}"
      open_cover:
        service: remote.send_command
        data:
          entity_id: remote.broadlink_remote
          command: b64:sgBVATYKDBUMFQwUDBUWCgwVFwkXCgwVFgoMFBcKDBUXCRcKDBUMFBcKDBQMFQwVDBQXChYKFwoMFQwUDBUMFAwVDBQNFAwVDBQXCgwVDBQMFQwUDBUWo1E3CQwVDBUMFAwVFgoMFRcJFwoMFBgJDRQWCgwVFwoWCgwVDBQXCgwUDBUMFQwUFwoXCRcKDBUMFA0UDBQMFQwVDBQMFQwUFwoMFQwUDBUMFAwVFqNRNwkMFQwVDBQMFRcKDBQXChYKDBUXCgwUFwoMFBcKFgoMFQwVFgoMFQwUDBUMFRYKFgoYCQwVDBQMFQwVDBQMFQwVDBQMFRYKDBUMFAwVDBUMFBeiUTcKDBQMFQwUDBUWCwwUFwoWCg0UFwoMFBcKDBQXChcJDBUMFRcJDRQMFAwVDBUWChcKFgoMFQwUDBUMFQwUDBUMFQwUDBUWCg0UDBUMFAwVDBQXAAXcAAAA
      close_cover:
        data:
          command: b64: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
      stop_cover:
        data:
          command: b64: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
      icon_template: >-
        {% if is_state('binary_sensor.finn_blind_sensor', 'on') %}
          mdi:blinds-open
        {% else %}
          mdi:blinds
        {% endif %}

the long codes starting with b64: is what you will need to sniff out with one of the methods described in these forums… I initially went thr route of iPhone backup and then trawled the sqllite db for the codes, but I think there are easier ways now…

Ultimately the key considerations are budget versus reliability… I have to admit, that this solution does have it’s quirks, however I am happy to live with these as a trade of for what I paid for 5 smart blinds (around £150 all in with the Zemismart blinds ) I could have spent close on 4 figures where the reliability would have probably been alot better, but I would have been alot poorer!

1 Like

I will try