Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

If you are using Windows explorer to access your config files, on the top of the explorer browser click on view -> check box hidden items. You should be able to see all hidden folders and files.

If you are using Home Assistant via browser, you will need to install File Editor add-on in the Add-on Store.

1 Like

I have a RM Pro, I spent ages with the Windows version of this, and it would never detect a key press in the frequency scan. Today I changed to the Raspberry Pi version, and it worked like a charm, all my codes are detected and recorded. https://en.techblog.co.il/2020/06/24/installing-broadlinkmanager-on-raspberry-pi/

1 Like

Thanks man!

I didn’t have enough time to fully test this but here’s what I’ve found out. The power toggle works as expected in home assistant. But when I try any other function such as temp up, temp down, mode, etc, it turns off the Daikin Aircon unit. I decided to test this further with the physical remote. I first turned on the Daikin using a service call and broadlink which works as expected. I then tried to adjust the temp up and it instead turned off the Daikin. I tested temp down and same thing. I’ll test other functions later when I have more time but this leads me to my question.

Has anyone else experienced this? I’m thinking the Daikin and physical remote have two way communication so perhaps this is causing the issue? Any other thoughts?

The Switchbot Mini hub works fine. I would continue to use this but because their API is closed (for now) I had to configure it through IFTTT using webhooks and Home Assistant. As you may know, IFTTT is moving to a paid service and that it’s already a cloud service which I didn’t want in the first place, I would much rather get this broadlink working. Any help is much appreciated.

I was having the same issue and wasn’t getting anywhere. I’m using the add-on “File Editor” and the guides I’m watching all show the user going to the .storage folder inside the web browser, but all the responses in the forums talk about SSH or Samba.

If you go to Supervisor–> Dashboard and select the “File editor” add-on, there will be a tab for configuration. You’ll see a block of text that looks like this:

> dirsfirst: false
> enforce_basepath: true
> ignore_pattern:
>   - __pycache__
>   - .cloud
>   - .storage 
>   - deps
> ssh_keys: []

Delete the line that says .storage

This comes with the perfunctory warning that the reason this folder is hidden is because you can seriously scramble some eggs if you lick the wrong light sockets while digging around inside this folder. Best to “read only” and not change any names or contents.

Thanks mate

1 Like

Hello! Any chance this can be used to “suck” already learned commands from a RM Mini 3? I found out that the Broadlink integration for HA only allows me to send commands learned through HA, but I have my LG TV already set up with the Broadlink app and I’d rather not go through the hassle of pressing all the buttons again.

Great instuctions. worked 100% for my rm4 pro. Now can control all the fans in my home!!! Thank you Ahmed.

See here

2 Likes

Cheers matey

Thanks for this. I tried setting up this up on a raspberry pi in docker using docker compose.

https://hub.docker.com/r/techblog/broadlinkmanager

Getting the error

standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error"

Any thoughts.

I might have missed something obvious, but is this some device/integration you’re using? How do you get each fan speed to show up like that in the frontend?

I’m new at using docker on windows. I’m trying to set up Broadlink manager through Compose, but it’s not working. Anyone who can help?

Container is running:

which I did with command “docker-compose -f D:\compose\docker-compose.yml up”, the yml being exactly what Tomer_Klein suggests:

version: “3.6”
services:
broadlinkmanager:
image: techblog/broadlinkmanager
network_mode: host
container_name: broadlinkmanager
restart: always
restart: unless-stopped
volumes:
- ./broadlinkmanager:/opt/broadlinkmanager/data

When I try http://localhost:7020 though, I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED, same when I try my local 192.168.1.x:7020 IP.

HI
In my case It worked only one time (I think because I accepted code on broadlink app and I was able to open my gate via broadlink app.)
In any case I get code on file “broadlink_remote_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_codes”, so.
Now I resetted broadlink to default and re-putted the wifi data on it. I stopped procedure and I can found rem4 into my wifi.
I’m trying to activate remote sending via this config

entity_id: remote.broirrf
device: cancello dk1
command: “b64:JgAcAAsIDAAMOxEAAhAUAAHiJgAB9BAACCQRDgkADQUAAAAAAAAAAAAA”
num_repeats: 1
delay_secs: 0.75
hold_secs: 2.5

But nothing changed

How can I use propertly rf code acquired (if that code will ok, of course)…
Thank you

Did you ever get this to work?

Hello mate

You should never accept the RM4 if it learns before Home Assistant, in such case you reject the code and redo the learning again, but now because you accepted the code, you need to restart the process from step 1 as stated in my lengthy post

Cheers

With the method in my lengthy post, you don’t need to even use the code, you only use the command you specified while learning, like On, Off, Speed1, etc, these commands will be replaced by the learned codes in the "broadlink_remote_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_codes” file

For me work only if I put codes, with b64: before
I tried to write a script with command “Open” and device “cancello dk2”
but didn’t work.

[quote=“Danros3, post:374, topic:58770”]
“broadlink_remote_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_codes”, so.
Now I resetted broadlink to default and re-putted the wifi data on it. I stopped procedure and I can found rem4 into my wifi.
I’m trying to activate remote sending via this config

command: “b64:JgAcAAsID
[/quote]’’

If you have the broadlink_remote_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_codes file already after learning. The command should be the command you use during the learn portion. So should look like:

command: Open

I got the Broadlink Manager running in Docker, but I can’t get it to learn any RF codes. I click the “Learn RF Code” button and then hold down the button on my remote, but eventually it just says “RF Frequency not found!”

This is the same RF remote that I used the Broadlink iOS app to learn just fine. What am I missing here?

Did you ever figure out a way to do this? It’s incredibly annoying to have to use Home Assistant or these alternative methods to learn RF codes instead of just importing them/using the devices setup in the Broadlink app. Almost every other integration works the way you’re describing, but I’m guessing this is a limitation of the Broadlink API.