Wink/PubNub not updating

All good now for me too. And it wasn’t the upgrade to 92.2 but the fact I still had the previous Google Drive/winzip folder open along with the latest and apparently got them mixed up. Geez, sorry for the trouble.

No problem, lots of updates going on.

Sorry to be tardy to the party, but I was busy with another project.

Updated to the last version you posted and everything seems to be working but I am getting this error on occasion - not sure if it’s expected (I set my errorlevel on pubnub back to normal):

2019-05-05 19:12:31 ERROR (EndpointThread-Subscribe-0) [pubnub] Exception in subscribe loop: Connection Error: ('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response'))

I’m getting the same thing. Updated to latest version from the thread above.

Exception in subscribe loop: Connection Error: ('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response'))

Yeah, I think these errors are on Wink’s end based on the “remote end closed connection” so nothing we can do from our end. Hopefully the Wink engineer on reddit will respond and be able to provide some details about this. As long as things are working I wouldn’t worry about it.

Merge request opened to get this added officially

6 Likes

hi, did you achieve to get the patch work ? I’m also on docker and I’ve the mistake

Thanks

w1ll1am23

Loaded your custom component. Seems to be working fine at the moment. Appreciate all your effort to keep WInk up and running.

Long term, like others, I’m migrating to a local solution. Since I have mainly Zigbee stuff, I ordered a Conbee 2 from the UK to ship to US on Friday when all this crap started.

No, I can not get this to work. I even rebuilt my docker and it still comes up with the same error…

Does HA also complain about an invalid Config with Wink when the patch is applied too?

Any idea why I would be getting the following error using the custom_component?

Error during setup of component wink
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 154, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 380, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 304, in _wakeup
    future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 293, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 55, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/wink/__init__.py", line 332, in setup
    sub_details = pywink.get_subscription_details()
AttributeError: module 'pywink' has no attribute 'get_subscription_details'

I am on HA v91.4

Hi @w1ll1am23 – I have an older version of HA (0.56.2). Can I install the custom component, or should I upgrade to the latest HA version to get the updated Wink support (which version contains your update?).

And big thanks for fixing this!!!

Wink has been driving me off the wall lately with their outages. I eventually will go to a Z-Wave/ZigBee stick or SmartThings.

Apparently my version of HA/Python is too old…

File “/root/.homeassistant/custom_components/wink/init.py”, line 771
async def async_added_to_hass(self):
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I would recommend updating but that would probably be a ton of work. So much has changed between then and now. If you want to try that go for it, if not let me know and I could put together a custom component that should work for you.

I really appreciate all the work you are doing…
I have tried a few times to add this custom component to fix my wink but something is wrong. I am on version 90.1.

This is the error I get

File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 154, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config) # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
File “/config/custom_components/wink/init.py”, line 332, in setup
AttributeError: module ‘pywink’ has no attribute ‘get_subscription_details’

1 Like

The correct version of python-wink isn’t getting installed. Something is cached or something.

Try to manually install

pip3 install python-wink==1.10.4b1

thanks, yeah I am using docker so that must be the issue and I really have no idea how to upgrade the python-wink since it is in docker… but thanks for confirming that

Hello W1ll!! i appreciate your job, i have the same problem as harfordhawk, is it posible to install it ussing this?

arch armv7l
dev false
docker true
hassio true
os_name Linux
python_version 3.7.2
timezone America/Monterrey
version 0.90.2
virtualenv false

It must have been cached, as the manual install did install the new version. However, I am now getting a different error message. Any ideas on this one?

File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 141, in _new_conn
    (self.host, self.port), self.timeout, **extra_kw)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py", line 60, in create_connection
    for res in socket.getaddrinfo(host, port, family, socket.SOCK_STREAM):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/socket.py", line 733, in getaddrinfo
    for res in _socket.getaddrinfo(host, port, family, type, proto, flags):
socket.gaierror: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 601, in urlopen
    chunked=chunked)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 346, in _make_request
    self._validate_conn(conn)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 850, in _validate_conn
    conn.connect()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 284, in connect
    conn = self._new_conn()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 150, in _new_conn
    self, "Failed to establish a new connection: %s" % e)
urllib3.exceptions.NewConnectionError: <urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x68ddb030>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution

File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 449, in send
    timeout=timeout
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 639, in urlopen
    _stacktrace=sys.exc_info()[2])
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 388, in increment
    raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause))
urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.wink.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /users/me/wink_devices (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x68ddb030>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution',))

File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 154, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 380, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 304, in _wakeup
    future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 293, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 55, in run
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/wink/__init__.py", line 332, in setup
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pywink/api.py", line 662, in get_subscription_details
    response_dict = wink_api_fetch()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pywink/api.py", line 685, in wink_api_fetch
    response = requests.get(arequest_url, headers=API_HEADERS)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 75, in get
    return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 60, in request
    return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 533, in request
    resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 646, in send
    r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 516, in send
    raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.wink.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /users/me/wink_devices (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x68ddb030>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution',))

That’s not related. I know I have seen other users report the same thing and it has always turned out to be network related in some way. Some users had pihole setup and it was causing issues.