Wink/PubNub not updating

Still not working after a couple of restarts. Sorry for the beginner level question…but which log do I need to look at to see if the pubnubsub-handler gets downloaded?

Oooo didn’t think about Relay’s those may need a fix pushed to them from Wink and I don’t think I would expect that since they are discontinued…

No problem, check your home-assistant.log

Oh man! Wink better push a fix to the relays if they really expect any goodwill from those of us who remain!

Narrator: They won’t.

:grin:

The sates for the buttons should still get pushed to Wink but the relay probably won’t get push updates. So kinda strange that pushing the buttons doesn’t work, but there could be something else going on there.

1.0.3b4 seems to have done the trick @w1ll1am23! No more errors and everything still showing up.

I am sorry too, because your hard work on Wink made it so much better in HA. It’s a pity that they don’t seem to be able to keep the commitment on their end. And ironic after the engineer in the subreddit claimed that the reason things were so quiet on their end is that they were ‘focusing on platform stability and robustness’…

Yeah. RIght.

UPDATE: Ooops. Spoke too soon; they’re back.

2019-05-05 10:38:15 ERROR (EndpointThread-Subscribe-0) [pubnub] Exception in subscribe loop: Connection Error: ('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response'))
2019-05-05 10:38:15 ERROR (EndpointThread-Subscribe-0) [pubnub] Exception in subscribe loop: Connection Error: ('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response'))
2019-05-05 10:38:16 ERROR (EndpointThread-Subscribe-0) [pubnub] Exception in subscribe loop: Connection Error: ('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response'))
2019-05-05 10:38:16 ERROR (EndpointThread-Subscribe-0) [pubnub] Exception in subscribe loop: Connection Error: ('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response'))
2019-05-05 10:40:24 ERROR (EndpointThread-Subscribe-0) [pubnub] Exception in subscribe loop: Connection Error: ('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response'))
2019-05-05 10:41:25 ERROR (EndpointThread-Subscribe-0) [pubnub] Exception in subscribe loop: Connection Error: ('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response'))
1 Like

Check @rpitera’s last post, looks like 0b4 should fix the errors. Nope spoke too soon as well.

1 Like

I’ll still take that over the 1000+ lines in my log before. At least with these errors I’m getting accurate states! LOL

I’ve been having same issues for past couple days with that error in the log and Wink status not updating. At this point I think I’m finished jumping through hoops with Wink and am going to just change over to HA straight up. They are really blowing it, I was a big promoter…

Can confirm - I’m seeing fewer of these subscripe loop “connection aborted” errors in b4 though (so far).

Curious that @rpitera is not seeing the same lag in status updates. It’s really bad for me - seriously, 10 seconds before a UI switch returns to its normal/correct state.

Ok, that was what I thought, but didn’t know if there was a different log to look at. Still not pulling in the custom component, and still pointing to pubnub instead of notifier.wink.

Hmmm what are you running hass.io? Are you sure the layout is as follows? HA_CONFIG_DIR/custom_components/wink/* ?

Gary - What model hub are you on and are you Wifi or Enet?

I’m on a Hub2 with a direct Enet connection to my router. Might account for difference? Also running my hass.io in a VM on a multicore desktop.

Wink Hub 2 - Ethernet - plugged directly into Router, as is the HASSIO/RPI 3B+. So LAN network-wise, it is as optimal as can be I believe.

I’m researching various NUC’s as well as Zwave sticks or hub alternatives too.

EDIT: Now seeing the same amount of subscribe loop errors - about once every minute.

I concur, about the same frequency - every 60-80 seconds.

That seems to be what I see in the proxy with their official app as well so I guess it’s normal?

I suppose we could suppress it by setting the component error level to Critical or something, right?

UPDATE: Just checked my config and I am already at critical for homeassistant.components.wink…

Even my relays work now… I use them with nodered for smart lights !!!

Your’re awesome will !!!

I’ve also enabled Wink local control, but per Will’s post 85:
"4. Updates are still pushed via PubNub so internet is required for reliable updates."

It’s PubNub that’s throwing the error not wink.

Try setting pubnub to critical