Wink/PubNub not updating

I don’t have any Caseta stuff so can’t confirm, but the Lutron Caseta component docs state:

"Both Smart Bridge (L-BDG2-WH) and Smart Bridge PRO (L-BDGPRO2-WH) models are supported."

As to when the fix will be merged - HASS .93.

As to when the fix will be merged - HASS .93

Which showed up this morning. :grinning:

Didn’t see any mention in the Release Notes of this fix making it into .93 … Do we sill need the custom component?

Just now removed custom_component/wink and updated to .93. I’m also confirming the fix is in place.

I was concerned that no mention of @w1ll1am23’s wink update ( #23710 ) was included in the .93 release notes. That’s a strange omission, especially given the criticality of the update.

1 Like

Oddly… now that I’m installed and rebooted… I’m still having some issues with wink. BUT… it’s entirely possible that it’s wink’s fault (again). (They just announced some “new” integrations… most are just “official” integrations for GE things that used to work already.)

I only have 2 switches, 2 relays and 2 smoke alarms left on my wink. Everything else has moved to HA directly. This morning, one of my GE switches is now “unavailable” and turning my ceiling fan on/off still doesn’t seem to correctly report the state to HA.

Also, I’m getting a lot of these errors:

2019-05-16 07:14:45 ERROR (EndpointThread-Subscribe-0) [pubnub] Exception in subscribe loop: Connection Error: ('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response'))
2019-05-16 07:15:10 WARNING (EndpointThread-Subscribe-0) [urllib3.connectionpool] Connection pool is full, discarding connection: notifier.wink.com

Any ideas?

I wasn’t aware that Wink had finally added new devices. The full list can be found in the Wink blog that was posted yesterday. For anyone sticking with Wink, that’s very encouraging news. For those of us actively migrating away - meh!

I have a couple of in-wall Z-Wave GE fan switches and they are both working properly through HA via Wink as of this moment. However, to use them with Wink, you had to use the Wink GE light switch dimmer integration. It worked, but was very annoying to have to adjust the fan’s “brightness” to select fan speed, or to tell Google to turn on the lights and have all the fans turn on too.

I have no idea why it quit working, but what I would suggest you do is to exclude the fan switch and re-include it using the new GE fan integration. A fan can then finally be a fan and not a light bulb.

Yeah… they’re “new”. LOL.

Well… I rebooted my winkhub2… GE light that was previously “unavailable” came back online… then promptly dropped off again. I’m going to try to remove and repair it (maybe their “new” integration will fix it. (Just like you suggested.)

If not… I’ll remove the node completely and connect directly to HA. (I mean… that’s where I’m headed anyway. Wink needs to really step up their game to keep me from finishing migrating away.)

Edit: Also… forgot to mention that states wink<->HA are still spotty at best. My ceiling fan (connected to one of the hardware switches on a Wink Relay) usually reports state quickly and accurately. The GE switch… does not. Very spotty and slow to respond in HA.

Forgot to mention - those pubnub subscribe loop errors are to be expected until such time Wink fixes their internal pubnub replacment to close connections properly. They are apparently harmless, but annoying to see it fill the log. You can add this to your configuration.yaml …

logger:
  default: warning
  logs:
    pubnub: critical

I wouldn’t be concerned about those urllib3 warnings either, but you can also hide them by adding:
urllib3.connectionpool: error to the list above.

Awesome! Thanks!

A bit more info for the latest Wink update can be found in this Wink subreddit. This was posted by a Wink marketing manager. The post is essentially the same as the blog info, it’s the comments that are interesting.

Thanks w1ll1am23 for your dedication in sorting the recent Wink issue. 0.93.0 worked right out of the box!

.93 seems to have given me some function back. heres the only errors so far.

2019-05-16 15:11:45 ERROR (EndpointThread-Subscribe-0) [pubnub] Exception in subscribe loop: Connection Error: (‘Connection aborted.’, RemoteDisconnected(‘Remote end closed connection without response’))
2019-05-16 15:11:51 ERROR (SubscribeMessageWorker) [homeassistant.components.wink] Error on pubnub update for Main Floor polling API for current state

So I was reached out to by another developer for a different product that is also using Wink’s API. They are seeing the same 400 bad request issue when users have around 150 devices. How many devices do you have? There is a possible solution to make a second pubnub instance when users approach that limit, but I would need to spend some time figuring out how to best do that.

Thanks for looking more into this.

It looks like I have around 125 devices in Wink.

If it helps; I’m getting the same repeated error and I have 25 devices in Wink.

The 400 bad request? Or the disconnect errors?

Just let me know if you give this a try. I more than willing to test it.

2019-05-21 19:02:05 ERROR (EndpointThread-Subscribe-0) [pubnub] Exception in subscribe loop: Connection Error: (‘Connection aborted.’, RemoteDisconnected(‘Remote end closed connection without response’))

Yeah, different error. I believe this is caused by no events occurring on the subscription session for some amount of time. It doesn’t have anything to do with the device count.

I don’t currently run Wink anymore, but if someone wants to verify that, by turning on and off a light every 10 seconds? Or so for a couple minutes to see if that error doesn’t pop up, that would be helpful.

I set up a quick automation to turn a Wink light on and off every 5 minutes and let it run for 20 minutes. The error occurs about every two minutes, both before and after the automation. It didn’t seem to have an affect.