Wink/PubNub not updating

Thanks for the test. Can you try decreasing the time down to 5 seconds to see if that has a different effect?

Running the automation every 5 seconds does stop the error!

Well thanks for confirming. Doesn’t help too much, but at least proves a point.

I have been having a hell of a time lately with the HUSBZB stick I purchased to control my Zigbee lights. I had multiple lights randomly go offline and I had to reset them. Needless to say my wife was not impressed. I grabbed my wink Hub 2 and fired it back up and then ran into the issue here. I just want to use it locally for the time being to get some stability.

I added the Wink folder to my custom_components folder. I already have another custom component running. What do I need to add to my config.yaml file to try this fix?

What version are you using? The changes made should be included in 0.93…

I am still on 0.91.4

I didn’t want to upgrade because I had issues with another custom components for sending notifications to my android phone. I will make a snapshot then try upgrading.

Do I need to add anything to my configuration.yaml? Currently I have the following:

wink:
local_control: true

Yes but local control should be indented two spaces …

Sorry I didn’t realize the formatting when I copied the text. It is correct in my config file

OK I updated and I have control again,

Thank you

Any chance you might be trying this out? Wife was complaining about some automations not working again.

I can try to take a look over the next few days but I have a lot going on at the moment so no guarantees

Thanks! I totally understand. I appreciate any effort.

What type of install are you running? I have something for you to test.

Try to place the above file into HA_CONFIG_DIR/deps/lib/python/site-packages/ and restart.

This does two things

• Set the pubnub logging level to critical by default so the “remote disconnect” messages stop showing up
  • Create a new pubnub instance for every 50 devices so if you have between 100 and 150 devices you would have 3 pubnub instances.

I was running this in a docker on my QNAP but rebuilt it into hass.io VM on my QNAP.

I’m visiting family at the hospital so I won’t be able to try this till tomorrow.

Thanks again! Will let you know my results.

1 Like

Actually just realized I had my laptop and just made this change and restarted.

I’m getting this error at the home screen:

From log:

2019-05-26 16:06:40 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue] Error connecting to the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.154
2019-05-26 16:06:40 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry for hue not ready yet. Retrying in 5 seconds.
2019-05-26 16:06:43 ERROR (Thread-11) [pychromecast.socket_client] [AFTN2:8010] Exception caught while sending message to controller ReceiverController: Message urn:x-cast:com.google.cast.receiver from receiver-0 to sender-0: {'requestId': 2, 'status': {'applications': [], 'isActiveInput': True, 'volume': {'controlType': 'attenuation', 'level': 1, 'muted': False, 'stepInterval': 0.05}}, 'type': 'RECEIVER_STATUS'}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pychromecast/socket_client.py", line 565, in _route_message
    message, data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pychromecast/socket_client.py", line 899, in receive_message
    self._process_get_status(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pychromecast/socket_client.py", line 1029, in _process_get_status
    status = self._parse_status(data, self.cast_type)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pychromecast/socket_client.py", line 1007, in _parse_status
    app_data = data['applications'][0]
IndexError: list index out of range
2019-05-26 16:06:51 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setup of platform ring is taking over 10 seconds.
2019-05-26 16:06:52 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Setup of platform ring is taking over 10 seconds.
2019-05-26 16:07:35 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of wink is taking over 10 seconds.
2019-05-26 16:07:40 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component wink
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 156, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/wink/__init__.py", line 332, in setup
    sub_details = pywink.get_subscription_details()
  File "/config/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pywink/api.py", line 662, in get_subscription_details
    response_dict = wink_api_fetch()
  File "/config/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pywink/api.py", line 696, in wink_api_fetch
    raise WinkAPIException("Unexpected")
pywink.api.WinkAPIException: Unexpected

That seems unrelated I didn’t change anything in pywink but that’s what’s complaining there. Can you try another restart?

I just bounced it again and I’m getting the same invalid config card.

Can you delete the contents of the deps/lib/python/site-packages and restart? This will download all the libraries Home Assistant uses fresh. Want to see if things still work.

I should note, that it looks like a ton of other stuff is failing because of network issues in your logs (hue and chromecast)

Delete all the folders except your new file?: