Wink/PubNub not updating

Having trouble getting this working for me, I have added the custom_components folder to my config directory and rebooted a number of times but still no updates from wink to HA? I am on 91.4 still as I ran into Sonos issues with 92.1, could version be an issue?

Okay hopefully this is the final setup (maybe version) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tquWD2Zc0r9djtaj9Sae6RFyPD4iJ-Bv/view?usp=sharing

This contains updated python-wink, pubnubsub-handler, and Home Assistant code.

Home Assistant will call python-wink which will return the origin that pubnubsub-handler should use. If nothing is returned it should fall back to the default PubNub.

All those who are testing, if you could test this and let me know I can try to get an official Home Assistant update started.

It could be, not sure the custom component layout is the same between the two.

okay, will update and try again and let you know.

I’m failing on a docker version

2019-05-05 19:00:33 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component wink                                                                                                                
Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                                                                                               
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/setup.py", line 154, in _async_setup_component                                                                                                                                
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)  # type: ignore                                                                                                                                                     
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run                                                                                                                                  
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)                                                                                                                                                                  
  File "/config/custom_components/wink/__init__.py", line 334, in setup                                                                                                                                          
    origin=pywink.get_subscription_origin())                                                                                                                                                                     
AttributeError: module 'pywink' has no attribute 'get_subscription_origin'    

Okay let me check, thought I added that to the import list. One minute

It seems to be there, maybe the python-wink download failed?

Can you try another reboot

got the same errors after downloading latest files and restarting. Trying a reboot now…

EDIT: no good here either. Same errors.

Still no go after a reboot here.

Okay give me a few minutes I am going to change something.

I wish that I could remember all my issues, but I have a short term memory! My garage door I couldn’t seem to get to come in correctly, my Schlage locks, and even a few lights.

I remember researching it and remember people saying things like editing a file with the correct values - perhaps the zwcfg_xxx.xml file? I can’t remember all of it, but I remember my stuff being a mess. On the plus side, I also remember things being super fast to update.

Okay lets try again https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-fWDVZQ-SD_ki8nwA0r5EGYbWN86GNxE/view?usp=sharing

i switched it to get_subscription_details instead of calling in to python-wink twice, once for the key and once for the origin.

Still not working after update to 92.2 so don’t think it is an HA version issue. I’ll try again once you have updated, thanks.

No longer failing at setup as before, but it is behaving practically the same as the production component.

Exception in subscribe loop: HTTP Client Error (400): {"message":"Invalid Subscribe Key","error":true,"service":"Access Manager","status":400}

2:23 PM /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pubnub/pubnub.py (ERROR) - message first occured at 2:23 PM and shows up 2 times

Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ReadTimeoutError("HTTPSConnectionPool(host='ps.pndsn.com', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=10)")': /v2/presence/sub-key/sub-c-f7<rest trimmed>

2:23 PM /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py (WARNING) - message first occured at 2:23 PM and shows up 2 times

EDIT: and yes, I confirmed the custom component loaded… "2019-05-05 14:22:28 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for wink which has not been tested by Home Assistant. "

Can you send me your entire log? Or look for the custom component messages to make sure it is running and also check for the install process for the libraries. You should see it trying to install python-wink==1.10.4b1

Doing all of these updates can cause issues, with your local pypi cache and things won’t install some times.

I’m failing the same as before…

Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                                                                                               
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/setup.py", line 154, in _async_setup_component                                                                                                                                
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)  # type: ignore                                                                                                                                                     
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run                                                                                                                                  
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)                                                                                                                                                                  
  File "/config/custom_components/wink/__init__.py", line 332, in setup                                                                                                                                          
    sub_details = pywink.get_subscription_details()                                                                                                                                                              
AttributeError: module 'pywink' has no attribute 'get_subscription_details'  

Hey @w1ll1am23 - I’ve loaded this one and it seems to be working for me. Anything in particular you need me to validate?

Well that makes no sense. Hmmm

Just make sure push updates are coming through. Also if you can access a terminal run pip3 freeze and make sure you are running all of the correct packages.

python-wink==1.10.4b1
pubnubsub-handler==1.0.3b5

weird, it says it I’m loading wink custom component, but it sure doesn’t look like it. I had added this to the logs…

logs:
    homeassistant.custom_components.wink: debug

But I’m not seeing any wink debug output, so it must be the prod version. very strange. Will wipe and redo, including wiping cache.