Wink push updates

Yeah same here. You can’t do local control without oauth.

There is for sure something still going on with pubnub and/or the Wink core API.

Their app does a good job of making issue like this seem like they aren’t there, which is great for the user, but makes it less likely for them to find…

I think I have heard from others that they don’t update the status.wink.com site unless users are actually reporting a problem.

The sensors are very unreliable even in the Wink app, lights and switches seem to work better in the official app, but I believe that is because of how they “fake” the current state in the app.
I am going to send them an email https://www.wink.com/help/contact/ unfortunately their phone support just closed.

Thanks for that. I haven’t seen any real issues in the app but I’m not at home so it’s hard to tell how quickly things are actually happening.

Just curious, do you know how Stringify get its Wink info? I’ve noticed things that aren’t updating in HA are updating correctly in Stringify from what I can tell.

No idea how they are doing it, maybe polling and that’s why its working?

Still not updating lights and sensors correctly in Hass 55.
Notice it with Go-control door sensors, ge link light bulbs.
Wink app appears to be accurate.
Problem began yesterday 10/10.

same here. random (wink) entities update randomly…
but mostly not at all.
all other zwave/zigbee devices are fine.
refresh_state_from_wink refreshes properly. wink app works properly, but Hass does not always reflect the current state.
unfortunately, I upgraded to 0.55 at the same time as the Wink issue yesterday, so was not sure where to place the blame once the problem surfaced…

I am seeing issues in the wink app as well. Just not as often. Can someone try a downgrade and see if they are still having the problem? I have been running 55 in dev for awhile and not had a problem until yesterday, and since I am seeing this issue somewhat in the wink app I really think its on their side.

I’m still on 53.1. Still same issues as yesterday. Thinking this is on the Wink side.

2 Likes

My hub was offline from 2 am til 4 am last night. Do you suppose Wink is working the issue?

Still on 0.54 here and same… I’m betting Wink issue.

sounds like wink issue.
can someone summarize what we should report to wink ?(i.e. refresh token not recognized or whatever the actual problem is).
Then we can pelt wink support with the issue.
wink status shows no problems, but as mentioned before, they may not update status until hearing from users.

I believe the issue is still the issue they reported yesterday. There is an issue publishing device state changes.

The state changes aren’t being reported reliably to PubNub.

Hopefully not jinxing it, but I just got home and so far everything seems to be updating in HASS again as far as I can tell. I made a call to Wink when they opened and made them aware of my issue.

seems to be fixed here too.
everything has been working properly for the last couple hours

Wink sensor updates seem to be working for me as well.

Same for me, they never stated there was an issue. They replied to my support ticket with the following.

"Thanks for reaching out, I would be more than happy to assist you with this.

This issue should be well resolved by this point. I would recommend force quitting the Wink app and restarting, as it should be updating correctly for you now."

That came in at about 2:30 EST which it may have been working at that point but it wasn’t working this morning or last night which is what I stated originally.

Working again here too.

I’m having this issue on the latest HA. any suggestions?

I have been having issues as well, but the issues are on Wink’s end for me. The sensors aren’t updating because of some sort of push update latency. Can you verify when you see this problem that the official Wink app is working? (Try to watch the app while you trigger a sensor, how long does the app take to update?) I noticed that it would take several minutes for the sensor to trigger. I called Wink last night when I had this issue and they said they hadn’t heard of any issues. If you do see an issue with the official app as well please give Wink support a call and let them know so they get more reports of the problem. Thanks.

thanks. my app runs fine, i see the history of sensor/light activity correct. the push update barely works. sometimes up to 10 mins, other times not at all. my workaround for now is to run wink refresh every minute.

• alias: wink_refresh
    initial_state: ‘on’
    trigger:
    platform: time
    minutes: ‘/1’
    seconds: ‘00’
    action:
    • service: wink.refresh_state_from_wink

This seems to work. But I want to get away from this so i can setup triggers that happen right when wink devices are triggered and vice versa

So you are saying if you open the app up navigate to the sensors page stay on that page and trigger a sensor you see the change in the Wink app instantly? Because that is not what I am seeing with my app, which is why I think this is a Wink issue.

Also running the refresh every minute may cause your token to get revoked, I wouldn’t recommend that.