Wipro Garnet Smart Light

Hi,

I have recently bought a smart light from Wipro (Amazon Link. The light can be triggered via Google Assistant, Alexa, and IFTTT.

I have a couple of recipies on IFTTT to turn the light on/off via the SmartLife service.

I am running hassio as a docker container on a pi4. The light is detected via the device tracker platform, but this will not let me add a switch to the UI to call an IFTTT service to turn on/off.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to get this device integrated properly. Ideally I would like to use the local network instead of IFTTT, but right now anything will work.

Thanks.

1 Like

@milothomas: Were you able to get this working? I am also planning to buy these devices but want to make sure they can be controlled locally.

~S

Could not get the LED Batons configured on Hassio using Tuya or SmartLife - works on Echo. Better get the solimo LED - it works with Hassio.

No @sachinss, I couldnā€™t get it to work locally. Although, you could still use IFTTT and trigger it using HA.

hey @ashwinds, I had a look at the Solimo bulb, but it appears that this also uses SmartLife - so if this works with HA, then the Wipro ones should too.

Could you provide some details on how you got it to work?

Yes it does. But somehow it looks like the Wipro bulbs dont register on the smartlife/tuya network. So it does not show in Hass. With Solimo, I only had to add the following lines to my configuration.yaml:

# Tuya
tuya:
  username: '[email protected]'
  password: 'mypassword'
  country_code: '91'
  platform: 'smart_life'

Then I found the bulb in the Unused entities

1 Like

Thank you! Iā€™ll look into the Solimo bulbs. I have a few Zigbee bulbs arriving from AliExpress but they are taking too long so I was exploring other options.

@ashwinds, thanks for the info. I actually got it to work!!

I installed the Tuya app, registered and added the devices to Tuya using this app (the interface is exactly the same as SmartLife).

Then I added the the config for Tuya (everything you had, except the platform).

Then I invoked the ā€œpull_devicesā€ service via that developer menu and then the bulb appeared in the unused entities.

Good to know that!

Yes - Tuya is the default service so skipping platform will result in Tuya being used.

Its a bit irksome that it still uses the Tuya /Smarlife cloud but at least we can now use it in automation scripts. Good luck!

Hi, I have got few wirpo garnet smart LEDs. I was trying to create some automations in IFTTT. Connected and authorized to ā€˜SmartLifeā€™ and in turn with wirpo next smart home. The issue now is i dont see the bulb names reflecting in device selection in ā€˜Smart Homeā€™ applets so setting up a control to turn on bulb at a particular time of particular color is not happening. Could you please tell me if the way devices are setup is incorrect or the preferred procedure to follow so that bulbs show up in devices in smart home IFTTT applet.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Has anyone here been able to get Oakter devices to work with Home Assistant?

1 Like

For those using Solimo, the best option is to use tuya-convert and flash them to Tasmota.
Once you have done that, you can configure the tasmota template for the specific hardware you have.
Here is the template i created for the Solimo 12W RGBCCT bulb in case it helps someone

{ā€œNAMEā€:ā€œSolimo RGBCCT 12ā€,ā€œGPIOā€:[0,0,0,0,37,41,0,0,38,40,39,0,0],ā€œFLAGā€:0,ā€œBASEā€:18}

Which oakter device specifically?
I had used their hub based plugs several years ago when they had just come out and they use a closed APIā€¦ not sure if that has changed

If you are talking about their IR blaster then thatā€™s a generic ESP8266 IR blaster that you can flash any custom FW on (I use tasmota ir)

The camera, plugs including switchboard switches. All but the camera interface with the hub.

Are you talking about this IR blaster? Iā€™ll gladly purchase it if it means I can control ACs. Do you have guides on flashing the custom firmware?

Unless they changed something, you are SOL.
I tried sniffing the packets in and out of the hub on wireshark but it all seemed too obfuscated and not worth the effort
switched over to esp8266 based sonoffs and bulbs and flashed them to Tasmota.

And yes, thatā€™s the ir blaster I am talking about.
Flashing it is pretty easy but you do need to open it up and solder 4 wires on to the board.
Once youā€™ve done that, you can follow the handy guide on the tasmota githubā€¦
It does work extremely well and configured aircons show up as a proper hvac thermostat on HA as well as homekit

On a side note, for switches and plugs ( or light bulbs) , you are much better off with esp8266 devices than tasmota.
Also look up Tuya-convert on github if soldering is not your thing

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Do you know if the camera can be used with Home Assistant?

Do you want snapshots or video?
Both can be done although former generally preferable to keep the latter for faster rendering.

I just finished uploading my config details on github.
Hopefully this should help:

1 Like

Both?

Thank you. A lot of useful details here. Are all of these set up here in India?

rtsp works for video but the UX is far from perfect - i encountered more latency than what i get on a dedicated camera app
Thatā€™s why I switched over to static (not really static, images do refresh every few seconds) cards on lovelace for each area/room .

And yes, this is setup in Pune

Do you know what the RTSP URL for snapshots or the video is?