Wipro Garnet Smart Light

Which Camera specifically? All cams manufacturers have their own custom URLs
A pretty good source to look it up is here:

https://www.ispyconnect.com/sources.aspx

Oh I thought you knew the source for Oakter cameras :sweat_smile:

Already checked that, didnā€™t find anything :frowning:

Apparently they use UDP for live streaming, thatā€™s probably a first.

Oh, didnā€™t realize you are talking about oakter.

There are plenty of cheap camera available on amazon that are oficially ONVIF compliant.

One thing I realized early on in this hobby is that you should never pick any end-point with undocumented / proprietary APIs, or for that matter anything that does not allow for LAN based accessā€¦

unless of course some good soul on github has already created an alternate mechanism to connect through some exploit :wink: (e.g tuya-connect)

1 Like

Yeah youā€™re right but I received those Oakter products with a TV purchase so I thought I could use them since theyā€™re basically useless.

Does your AC behave exactly like HVAC in the iOS Home app? Any downsides youā€™ve noticed?

It does. The only thing missing in Home app is the dehumidifier mode that does not show up (which does work from the lovelace HVAC control)
Itā€™s a pretty good integration with no lags to speak of (as expected as itā€™s all LAN)

1 Like

Can you share details on how you configured OpenVPN with your Lightsail instance? Would you like to join my Discord to discuss this?

Itā€™s a simple three step process.

• Install a openvpn server on any VPS. I suggest lightsail with an India IP as their latency is (naturally) very low compared to any VPN outside India

• Note the client config generate by openvpn (or save the ovpn file) and configure your router (if it supports ovpn client mode)ā€¦ If not, take any linux box on your LAN and configure it as a client

• Setup appropriate port-forwarding rules on the VPS and your local box

e.g. if you want port 8123 on 192.168.1.100 to be accessible then port forward 8123 from say 10.1.0.1 (lightsail ovpn tunnel IP ) to 10.1.0.2 (your local linux box tunnel IP)
Then forward 8123 from your linux box to 192.168.0.100

youā€™ll need to enable port fwding on the kernel on both systems

sysctl net.ipv4.ip_forward=1

example of forwarding

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 8123 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.0.100:8123

finally enable NAT:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE
1 Like

Thank you for that. When you configure your Linux machine as a client, does OVPN act as a separate network interface?

Also, can you help me set up Tasmota on the Oakter IR blaster? Sorry, Iā€™m completely new to tinkering with gadgets this closely :sweat_smile:

NPā€¦
Yes, ovpn will be a new virtual interface

And as for tasmota, sureā€¦
The instructions on tasmota github are mostly self explanatory but happy to help out on any queries you may haveā€¦
BTW You will also need a USB- Serial converter to flash

There is no other way to get it working with Home Assistant without accessing the board?

The only OTA flash that I know of for ESP8266 is Tuya-OTAā€¦ However the target device needs to be running default tuya/smartlife firmware and the underlying chip should be ESP8266ā€¦ That makes the exercise a bit of a hit & miss

e.g. the Oakter IR device uses ESP8266 and the backend platform is tuya but the firmware they use is a customised version and thus the OTA flash wonā€™t work

With lightbulbs (that you cannot really open up easily), tuya-ota is fine
However for devices that provide easy access to the pins, the physical serial connection for flashing is the preferred method.

1 Like

It looks like this thread has gone in another direction.
Has anyone found any integration or way for Wipro devices to work with home assistant?

Wipro makes tons of devices - you will need to be more specific.
e.g. their smartbulbs and plugs use the standard smartlife platform.
You can register them via the Smartlife app and then use the native Tuya Integration on HA.

Better still, at least some of their bulbs use ESP8266 so you can flash them to a firmware of your choice (e.g. tasmota or esphome) and then integrate them onto HA

1 Like

Devices from wipro that can be flashed with Tasmota via tuya convert and easily controlled via HA

1. RGB & CWWW bulbs all of them
  2. 20W wipro smart batten.

Stay away from wipro smart plugs, as they come with a wifi chip which is not ESP8266, hence these cannot be flashed with tasmota.

The tuya integration works with wipro devices(bit delayed as its cloud based), for best results give up the wipro app and use smart life app even to add wipro devices.

I tested on a bulb and it worked with Tuya without flashing. Did not check the smart plugs yet.
It could have been better if they could be controlled within local network like Philips Hue.

Thatā€™s what @bhushan0710 and I are pointing towards ā€¦
If you want LAN control on any ESP8266 tuya device, you will need to flash it to a firmware like Tasmota or ESPhome

1 Like

The 20w wipro smart batten looks like a nice option as dimmable smart tube lights. For 1200 on Amazon it seems quiet reasonable.

Rishab

What is the tasmota module?

Any suggestion for smart plug brand? Which one to use?

I prefer using tasmotized sonoff with extra relays. And use ttp223 as touch switches for manual control