4. Nishica
  5. THRUMM

for smart plugs.

Generic module.

GPIO05 PWM1
GPIO13 PWM2i
FLAG Analog

Hi @bhushan0710

Thanks for the info. I see these are all the smart plugs which have button below the plug.

Have u tried other ones? Like helea, syska, acasa etc all have same structure however it has button at Top.

Yes I have tried helea, and wipro
The ones you have mentioned can not be converted as they use some different chip.

But you can use the Tuya integration and still use them in HA.

@bhushan0710 Oh no I just love tasmota. Used to with all the rules and options mostly within the device itself.

Are the switches homemate proelite etc well built? Does anyone have any internals so see how is the protection?

I see many reviews with casing burnt melted etc.

Also wanted to add here there are these smitch smart plugs. Which are good and heavy duty. Has fuse aswell and power monitoring etc runs of esp8266. However only thing is don’t know how to flash via Ota. Currently have to pry open and flash serially. Works well.

Hello guys I need some help, I flashed esp-homekit-devices (OTA from Tasmota) on my Wipro Garnet Bulb and I’m able to add it to Apple Home using {“c”:{“q”:850,“b”:[{“g”:0,“t”:5}]},“a”:[{“t”:30,“r”:14,“g”:12,“v”:13,“w”:4,“b”:[{“g”:0}]}]} but the home controls and toggle don’t work. Can someone help me fix the GPIO for this bulb please.

Hey there, I’m interested in learning more about the Smitch smart plugs. They’re on sale now for 599 on Flipkart.

You mentioned prying the case open and flashing the esp. Is this a straightforward process similar to the Sonoff Basic? I’ve never done this before, am I correct in assuming that I need to get a FTDI board for this?

Yes correct. Ftdi or any usb to uart shd help.

Thanks, are the pins labelled? And does power monitoring work within Home Assistant now? Any other smart plug recommendations?

I recently purchased a Helea Smart Plug 10A from Amazon. Although the plug itself is very nice and robust , it is not ESP82XX based. I bought it only to be flashed with ESPHome but cant do that now. It is mostly based on the WiFi chip RTL8710.

Has anybody had any experience with a smart plug available in India which is ESP82XX based and it easy to open up (in case Tuya convert does not work)?
A review on Amazon says ProElite Smart Plug is ESP based but cant be sure.

I am also looking for smart plugs which can be flashed to tasmota with tuya converter (OTA Based).
Don’t want to break open and make it look ugly. Not every plug opens up easily.
Smitch looks a good deal at price, however not sure if it will support tasmota.

So the requirement would be (Like @VijayS mentioned) :

• Smart plug available in India
  • Justified price
  • ESP82XX based
  • Compatible with tasmota convert (OTA flash)
  • Easy to open up (in case Tuya convert does not work)
  • Physical switch (Phones are not handy always)

FYI: One smitch smart plug model has screws so the model like this should be easy to open up.
sp0601-01-smitch-original-imafe68vzje2zjs2

This does not have a manual switch , wont do for me :frowning: . Everybody at home wont have a phone to switch the device)

@VijayS This is just an example for easy to open switch for flashing.
I am not recommending it. It’s not even confirmed for other requirements we are looking for.
But yes since you reminded, physical switch is also required.

So I got the new rgb WWCW wipro baten from Amazon for 800. Would you know the extra pins?

White one is now listed on the template library as well.

Tuya integration works but color doesn’t show up on HA and no remember last state.

So i plan to take a backup of the current FW(for warranty claims) and then flash tasmota.

Would anyone know of the Pin layout of the Motorola smart refrigerator launched?

It runs on tuya and is ESP based so would love to again take backup and tasmotize it.

Hi bhushan0710,

Do you mean to say Helea Smart Bulbs and plugs can be integrated to Hass using Tuya app? I have been breaking my head for some days now trying to make it work in Hass.

Hi, any way to tasmotize or flash ESPHOME on Wipro Next 20W LED Batten? I’m not able to integrate them via the Tuya integration for the life of me… Would also prefer a non-internet dependent integration with HA

1 Like

Any progress there? How did your Tuya integration work? I added it via the Tuya Smart app with India country code, but no devices showing up. I can only change the polling interval from the ‘Configure’ option

I ended up using LocalTuya and its been fine, I did use Tuya Integration and it was working fine or me.
local Tuya is faster and more responsive.

If you want to connect over a zoom or something, I don’t mind helping out.

Rishab

Local Tuya even solves the problem of RGB control not being visible on the light till a RGB state is triggered from the Tuya App.
It even brings the scenes from the app to HA.

Rishab