WOOX R7060 Smart Garden Irrigation Control

Has anybody experience with the Woox r7060 and added it to the Philips Hue Bridge?
Really want to use this thing but don’t want to buy an extra bridge next to Philips hue and Zwave. Can’t find any information.

1 Like

After some digging, I decided to replace Philips hue with ZHA, and last week I bought a Conbee || USB stick to check if the WOOX r7060 would integrate easily.
I can say it works really well, within a couple of minutes it was ready to go. I also have battery status but I’m not sure if it works.
Almost all the lights from hue are now in ZHA and the mesh is getting better and better.

1 Like

Hello @havezel

I have the same question as you.
The woox r7060 is it recognized by Hue Bridge system ? Can be managed directly from the Hue application?
Can I use the hue bridge to manage this device from another system ?

Thank you in advance.

Hi!

Well I didn’t connect it to the hue bridge. I didn’t want to because I want my home assistant to be only local so I bought a conbee 2 USB stick and installed ZHA. I’ve moved all my lights from hue to ZHA and added the woox r7060. See my solution.

Hey, can you explain a bit what kind of features of the woox r7060 are available in HomeAssistant. Like what kind of configurations are possible.

Thanks Dennis

Hi

I am also interested in those questions.

what kind of features of the woox r7060 are available in HomeAssistant?
Is it only working as an on/off switch or has it advanced controls?

Thanks. David.

@czechspainteam @dennisschroeder
no it’s on/off and the battery status, but the battery status isnt always up to date. you need to reconfigure the device to see the actual status.
What kind of advanced controls do you want for 30/40 euro?

1 Like

Thanks havezel :slight_smile:

I have the R7060 as well and i want to pair it with zigbee2mqtt. Im using a Sonoff_Zigbee_3.0 stick but the pairing doenst work.
I set the pairing to true, and push the red button for 5 sec. Blue blinking, but nothing visible in logs in home assistant. Any ideas?

https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/R7060.html

Just curious, any issues when moving hue to the conbee II ? Can you have both zigbee networks side by side ?
I guess the only downside is the loss of firmware updates or is there a way to update the hue bulbs ?

Yes you can run both at the same time. But I wouldn’t do that, the ZigBee network is kinda sensitive for other/same networks.
You can update the firmware with ZHA and the conbee can also be updated, did it a couple of months ago. I advice to plug the stick in an extension cord. Search on the forums for the pros and cons and what you can’t and can do.

1 Like

I don’t want to hijack the thread, but I don’t think it’s worth opening a new one, the device being rather “exotic”. Would anyone using this device care sharing info on the autonomy they get with a new set of batteries? My results have been really abysmal, with 3-10 days depending on the battery type, which makes it completely useless. At this rate, the cost of the batteries for one season will exceed the cost of the device. Otherwise, the device is really easy to connect (zigbee2mqtt), connectivity is very good and stable, and the pressure loss is minimal (compared to what I previously used: Gardena, Hozelock).

Yes, the battery usage would be great if others could comment, from your experience it doesn’t sound like this Woox irrigation controller is worth buying. I bought a Müller-Licht Zigbee remote control that drained two AAA batteries every 4-5 days. Made it useless and I don’t want that experience again!

Also the distance from the closest other Zigbee device and if there are any outer walls between them would be good to know. I’ve never had connection issues with any of my Zigbee devices, but they are all indoors with no thick, isolated walls between them.

Mine was placed outdoor, some 20cm under ground level, with a plastic lid (1cm thick) above. Distance to nearest router (IKEA Tradfri plug) was 6-7m, direct line of sight, no walls between. LQI as shown by zigbee2mqtt was a tad under 100.

Does it close for the water , when battery is empty?

Valve was always off when batteries were depleted. However, I am only watering the lawn for 30 minutes per day, therefore I don’t know what would happen if batteries go empty while the valve is on (too low a probability in my case, I suppose). I may experiment a bit and see what I can find out. I would assume that all these watering timers should be designed so they don’t remain with the valve open in case the batteries are empty.

1 Like

maybe you could remove batteries ?

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking to do.

1 Like

Hi

I’m also considering the WOOX R7060 but the battery consumption is a worry. Can anyone confirm how long the batteries last?

Thanks,