Works with Nest program going away Aug 31, 2019

On the Domoticz forum they build something to use NEST and Domoticz with Google Account instead of the NEST account

https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29984#p229124

Maybe developer of NEST integration in HA can take a look to this?

1 Like

Any status on this?
Contemplating sourcing three Nest Protect units, but not really certain itā€™s a good idea if I want it working with HA!?
Is it possible to use a Google account now?

Thanks in advance

I just received an email from Googleā€¦
Subject: Google Nest Device Access Console now available
ā€Œ
\ 93x32

Last year, we announced that weā€™re moving from the Works with Nest program to the Google Nest Device Access program. Today, weā€™re excited to announce the Device Access Console is available.

Device Access allows qualified partners and individuals to securely access and control Nest products with their apps and solutions.

Commercial developers can learn more by visiting the Device Access page.

For individual smart home developers, learn more about the program.

Or, if you donā€™t want to wait any longer, jump right in and visit the Device Access Console.

ā€“ The Google Nest team

Ā© 2020 Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, United States

I literally got into smart home tech because of Nest devices so I really hope this develops into something here.

Iā€™ve gone through all the steps including setting up OAuth 2.0 credentials. Now just need a new Nest integration to work with it. The old one wants a Pin Code and thatā€™s not how it works anymoreā€¦

I donā€™t like the fact that there is a $5 fee just to be able to access the developer console.

Yeah, Iā€™m not sure what that is all about but I paid itā€¦

Love how people are rushing in, must have short memories about being burnt.

1 Like

Do your refer to the how they ā€œtook awayā€ the apis last time?

Personally I have spent some money in the Nest ecosystem so itā€™s either this or replacing everything. And I think a lot of users are in the same boatā€¦

Yes thata what Iā€™m referring to. I would be very wary of rushing in with additional hardware when they could do the same again or do a ITFFF and start charging