World Tide Info v2 API + graph

Wow - this is AWESOME. Just updated it - and it is working very well. I will play with it more tomorrow, but this is HUGELY helpful for anyone who boats very often!

1 Like

Have good time :wink: !

Hello,
Hereafter a screeen shot with sensor automatically created.
Amoung them the remaining time before next tide.
The icon shows if the tide is slack or not (slack = period +/- 1hour aroung high/low tide)

I love what you have done with this. It was very easy to get up an running for this HA newcomer.
I’d like to add a vertical line on the graph at the approximate location of the current time. Maybe this can be achieved using the picture elements card? i guess you cannot add to the jpeg as it is only generated once per day? is it possible for the user to configure the colour/size of the jpeg?
thanks for your amazing work on this. it rocks!
rob

Thanks a lot for your feeback.
You can modify the colour of the generated image by setting R,G,B values at initialisation :

• during configuration of the worldtidesinfocustom within UI, choose expert mode.
  • in YAML (the following parameter) :
    • plot_color: 2,102,255
    • plot_background: 255,255,255

I’d like the enhancement to trace a line :

• perhaps there is a way via picture element thanks to “condition” → you will add 1 condition for each line you want to draw
  • or I will add a feature inside python source code.
    In both case, it can take some time. I will think for second solution with “pillow” library.

Philippe

Hello,
It seems achievable within the custom component source code (via pillow library).
My forecast is to generate a 2nd picture with a “line” on it.
Philippe

Hello,
I’m building a new “camera”.
Hereafter, the current height in red plot on the current prediction.
If someone has comments, feel free.

1 Like

Plot Graph available in version V5.0.0 https://github.com/jugla/worldtidesinfocustom

Have good time

1 Like

Hi jugla

The Tides have been soo helpful. I use a Victron CerboGX with a GPS dongle as the GPS location to show the tides, and that way I know when to plan to arrive or derpart in shallower areas.

Two updates that would be really useful (if possible):

1. Seeing the actual time on the x-axis of the chart
  2. Option to have the chart show a week (7 days or 5 days) of tide

Thanks
Wayne

Hello,
Thanks for the new ideas !

For actual time on the x-axis of the chart , it shall be possible :wink:
For 7 days or 5 days, I wil see how how to handle it (to manage credits)

1 Like

Hello Wayne,
Please test the version 10.
Enjoy : it allows to see long prediction

Hello Wayne,
In v10.0.1, I’ve created a long_plot_curve : the prediction length can be set during declaration of monitored location, or via option in UI.
In v10.1.0, in plot curve, i’ve created label with absolute time : for current height, and next tide (low and high)
Thanks in advance for your feed back

This is absolutely BRILLIANT, thanks!!!

great !
:slight_smile:
Thanks a lot for your feed back !

Hi,

First congrats for your job! Really amazing.
I am struggling a bit to configure this add-on the way I would. Probably because of my ignorance;)
Please note that I am using the YAML configuration.

I have some questions:

• Is it possible to configure the time of the day of the daily request to the server ? From the worltides server I can read that the daily rest is received every day at 6:57.
  • Is it possible to force an immediate request to the server to update the data ?
  • Is it possible to force a refresh the plot to update the actual time of day point ?

Thx in advance for your help.

PS: Allez les maritimes :slight_smile:

Hello !
Thanks for your feed back !

It’s better to use the UI to set up integration (you will have the plot curves, and the calendar) !

Here the answers to your questions :

• For static location, I force the update to midnight since one of the displayed curve is provided by worldtides server (that is updated at midnight)
  • If there is no data, there is an immediate request to server (for moving location like a boat, I force an update based on distance and time)
  • The update of plots is performed every 15minutes like this : image
    ==> The black point is the current one.

If you need more info, don’t hesitate !!
:wink:

Thx for the quick feedback.
I first tried to configure the integration using the UI but I failed to get the plot.
I only get ‘idle’ as shown below.
I am missing something here :frowning:

Capture d’écran 2022-05-31 à 08.35.38

When I click on the ‘le_morne_tides_curve_picture’ , I get the following:

Capture d’écran 2022-05-31 à 10.55.38

In the log, I can read:

2022-05-30 17:15:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Platform worldtidesinfocustom does not generate unique IDs. ID lat:-20.478481600090554_long:57.33558654785157_plot_picture already exists - ignoring camera.le_morne_plot_picture 2022-05-30 17:15:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.camera] Platform worldtidesinfocustom does not generate unique IDs. ID lat:-20.478481600090554_long:57.33558654785157_long_plot_picture already exists - ignoring camera.le_morne_long_plot_picture

That’s could explain but I don’t know how to solve it…

Thx
Didier

Hello,
The camera state is determined if recorded or streaming. Here I set a static image except when I update (every 15minutes)
==> So it s idle almost all the time …
Have you set a UI and YAML as the same time ?
In YAML, you have to remove camera declaration.
To be sure, declare through UI another location with lat:-20.478;long:57.335 (that is closed from your previous declaration)

any news ?

Hi,
Sorry for the delay.
I got it working following your advice and using UI.
I have removed everything in YAML.

Very nice job. I love it.
Thx a lot for your prompt support.

1 Like