Writing a component for Luxtronik Heatpumps

Awesome work! Can’t wait to have it integrated into the official release :slight_smile:

@Volti-Ba

For sure! I’ll happily fixe issues or change things if you tell me what you discovered (as you did here).

Ideally you submit an issue here: https://github.com/Bouni/luxtronik/issues

That will help keeping track of issues and changes.

@Roemer

I slightly changed the config with the official release but thats due to my rewrite of the underlying python lib. (Nothing serious :wink: )

@Volti-Ba Wher did you got the name “ID_WEB_HZUP_PWM” from?
I just try to figure out how to name unknown parameters in the future.

Hi Bouni,
many thanks for this awesome work! I will certainly deploy this component as I have fiddled around with the rest api sensors for a while and you gain great visibility already now.
My 5 cents: it would be important to have a hand on 2 values in particular, so that you can “trick” the heatpump to think that it needs to work - now! This is useful when you have some electricity (from PV) to burn for instance:

• ID_WEB_Einst_BWS_akt (defines the minimum temperature of the hot water boiler)
  • ID_WEB_Sollwert_TRL_HZ (defines the minimum temperature of the water that goes back into the heating circuit. N.B.: If you have the bridge NTC-24 connected to ground (via potential free contact, such as done through a Fibaro Smart Implant), then the value of 45 degrees is set)

Again, thank you very much!
Markus

@ Bouni
it´s from the FHEM Forum:

https://forum.fhem.de/index.php/topic,98930.msg922874.html#msg922874

@mastermarkush

Ok, I’ll mark these two parameters as writable!
Please open an issue next time, that will make life much easier for me!

Hi Bouni,

when is the official release?

thanks again

Today I tried to install the new version after my card broke in my raspberry 3 ;-(.
I load the hass.io image for testing. Now is have 0.100.2 running.
But is can´t use the luxtronic componet 2.2 or 2.3.
i get this error.

2019-10-20 09:43:17 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.luxtronik. Make sure all dependencies are installed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 346, in _load_file
module = importlib.import_module(path)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/importlib/init.py”, line 127, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 1006, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 983, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File “”, line 677, in _load_unlocked
File “”, line 728, in exec_module
File “”, line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
File “/config/custom_components/luxtronik/init.py”, line 6, in
from luxtronik.calculations import Calculations
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘luxtronik.calculations’
2019-10-20 09:43:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.luxtronik. Make sure all dependencies are installed
2019-10-20 09:43:22 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.luxtronik. Make sure all dependencies are installed
2019-10-20 09:43:22 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Platform error: sensor - Integration ‘luxtronik’ not found.
2019-10-20 09:43:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for luxtronik: Integration not found.
2019-10-20 09:43:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Platform error: binary_sensor - Integration ‘luxtronik’ not found.

The System creates an Folder in custom_components\luxtronik
with the name: __pycache__ .

and a file in it with the Name : __init__.cpython-37.pyc

If i use the old Version from Luxtronic_Componets 0.04.
All works Good and i get Values from the HeatPump.

Hi everyone,
sorry for the long silence.

I fixed some isues with the luxtonik module @mastermarkush and @Volti-Ba

@Volti-Ba
Are you using the component I’ve submitted a pull request for?

@Kabala
Not sure. I marked the PR as WIP because I will try to create tests for the component.

Hi Bouni,
thank´s, this was the problem… I used the wrong files :woozy_face:

After this is used the Version 0.2.5.
But the parameter “Circulation_Pump” has a divide by 10 Luxtronik

Hi, everybody,

I bought a boiler from alpha innotec and looking for information I found this forum. I am completely new to programming, but I would like to be able to monitor the boiler’s operating parameters from hass.io with a pi4 raspberry. I’ve been trying the different options in the forum for hours and I can’t see any data.

If I run nmap I get:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ nmap -p T:8888,8889,8214 192.168.1.20
Starting Nmap 7.70 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2020-01-11 04:46 GMT
Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.20
Host is up (0.0024s latency).

PORT STATE SERVICE
8214/tcp closed unknown
8888/tcp open sun-answerbook
8889/tcp closed ddi-tcp-2

Could you tell me which files I should use and where to put them?
Greetings,

Hi Dmartinezs! Welcome to the forum!

You have bought a warm water boiler from Alpha Innotec. Which heat pump model do you use? We’ll need to grasp data from the heat pump rather from the boiler directly.

If your boiler is somehow “smart” and is connected: What’s the make, serial number, etc.?

Cheers,
Markus

Hi Markus,
Thanks for your help. My heat pump is an alpha innotec model LWD90A.

I have news. I have updated the firmware of the heat pump and now I have ports 8214/8888/8889 open and I can read data and give stop/start commands by connecting through a web browser with the IP 192.168.1.20, once inside if I use the password 009445 I change to install mode and I can modify many more parameters.

• I am totally new to this subject so I may not have configured homeassistant correctly. I downloaded the files here: https://github.com/Bouni/Home-Assistant-Luxtronik
  • I pasted the luxtronik folder into custom_components
  • I have added to the files configuration.yaml, sensors.yaml and binary_sensors.yaml the indicated text.

I restart home assistant but it doesn’t detect any new components/sensors.

config2 config3

OK @dmartinezs, we’re almost there :smiley:

1. you said that you have created the .yaml files for sensors, binary_sensors, etc. You’ll need to configure the configuration.yaml file accordingly, so that homeassistant knows where to find those. In consequence, all entries of the same domain (e.g. sensor) must be moved to the declared file outside of the configuration.yaml file. Have a look here: https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/configuration/splitting_configuration/

2. have a closer look at your indentation within these newly created .yaml-files. Especially the binary_sensors.yaml would need to look like this:

- platform: luxtronik
    scan_interval: 60
    sensors:
      - 'ID_WEB_Temperatur_TVL' # Vorlauftemperatur ist
      - 'ID_WEB_Temperatur_TRL' # Rücklauftemperatur ist Heizkreis
      - 'ID_WEB_Sollwert_TRL_HZ' # Rücklauftemperatur Soll Heizkreis
      - [put any sensor that you want in the same format}

You find an almost complete value table for the luxtronik sensor section (the brain of the alpha innotech heat pumps) here: https://www.loxwiki.eu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=18219334

More questions: I can certainly help. This custom component is running in my homeassistant for several months now, without any problems. Good news: @Bouni will soon publish an official integration which will make it far easier to configure this component in the future.

Hi Markus,

I can read the data from the boiler! Your program is working fine.

After many attempts, I reinstalled homeassitant and reconfigured the files and :grinning:

I would like to be able to stop/start the heat pump from homeassistant. This way when we leave our house for several days, I could turn on the boiler before we come back. The option offered to me by alpha innotec through its website is not good because it is updated every 5 hours.

I have seen that you can use these libraries to write data, https://github.com/Bouni/luxtronik how do I incorporate them into homeassistant ?

Greetings and thank you very much for sharing your knowledge with everyone.

I’m sorry, I haven’t yet worked with @Bouni 's python-luxtronik library in order to write data to the heat pump. Not sure if the official homeassistant component (to come) will allow us to do so ?

Hi erveryone,

My integration for HA is currently in the review process but I don’t know how long that will take.

Not sure if the official homeassistant component (to come) will allow us to do so ?

It will!

If anybody wants to test the component then you can copy the necessary files into your custom components/luxtronik folder:

https://github.com/Bouni/home-assistant/tree/luxtronik/homeassistant/components/luxtronik

You can write data to the heatpump using the write service as described in the docs:

2 Likes

Hi @Bouni when will this component integrated within the Home Assistant release? What is necessary to merge it in the code base?

Hi Bouni,
This is very interesting integration. I did not yet read thru entire discussion but checking the github link I woudl like to make sure I understand correctly that there are no files to place to HA ?
Also some links (from github description) like “Luxtronik Integration - Service.” does not work… :frowning: