Writing a component for Luxtronik Heatpumps

You describes different “frontends”.
The luxtronik has two “backend” interfaces: Sockets and Websockets.
The write or read permission is not implemented in this “backends”. It is only implemented in the frontends.
The two Home Assistant integrations (Bouni/luxtronik and BenPru/luxtronik) uses the socket connection.
In Bouni/luxtronik you can config a “readonly” mode. But in this integration you have to config every value yourself in the yaml onfig.
In BenPru/luxtronik many sensors and entities are added automatically. Also the writable entities! But you can leave writable entities untouched or disable them.

I lost my login and password and used a temporary email address, so I had to make a new account.

Thank you for the quick reply benpr! If my heat pump cannot be protected from write access (except on the frontend) than I think this is too risky for me. I will try to use a USB stick for data logging and manually retreive the data for analysis periodically.

Another questions: Does anybody know where the release notes for new software versions for the controller can be found?

They are only available to plumbers/partners as far as I know. (I’m not one.)

Hi @benpr, I have reinstalled the component (your version, “main”), but now the devices won’t show up. Some entities will show up (around 45, I use to have more than 80!), but no devices. Is there something I did wrong?

And… my heat pump isn’t detected automatically.
Mac address (first six chars): 04:d1:6e
Hostname: no idea? where can I find this?
Manufacturer: Alpha Innotec
Model: SWCV92K3

I’m afraid that the latest version is currently incorrect and also not compatible with the latest HA version. Perhaps you can try an older version from my repo.
At the moment I have no time to look into it.
I think in 1-2 months I can fix it. Sorry.

2 Likes

You can find the software here: ait-deutschland Software distribution center

I have updated mine quite a few times, without any issues ! Just use a FAT32 USB key and copy the firmware on it. Plug it into the Luxtronik port and it will detect it and propose to update. If you don’t have any prompt, this means that you have an issue with the file (corrupted maybe) or the USB key not properly formatted.

I have had this issue since quite a long time as well using Bouni/luxtronik integration but the intergration is not the problem, it’s the firmware.

I know that the cooling is working because I can feel the floor is cooler and I see on the Luxtronik box that the cooling is working, but status sensor keeps saying that there is “no request”.

We discussed the issue with Bouni here.

New luxtronik firmware V2.88.3-9717

Does anyone knows the changes?

Help wanted. Would anyone like to help advance the Luxtronik component?
Test the new alpha release at your own risk.
Test and review the pull request.

A fix (workaround/hack) was recently implemented in the BenPru fork: Reflect "passive cooling" in sensor.luxtronik2_status by rhammen · Pull Request #118 · BenPru/luxtronik · GitHub

I have been using it for a few days now and so far it works.

Before that, I used a template sensor which checked if the cooling time changed in the last 3 minutes.

1 Like

is it possible to make a button for the circulation pump cwu itself so that I can turn it on independently when I want the pump itself

With some fine tuning params you can delay the start and stop of the pump.
But just handle the on and off state by yourself is not possible.
AIT says that it is to risky to stop the flow.

For example, I handle the solar pump params *_solar_pump_off_difference_temperature / *_solar_pump_on_difference_temperature to fine tune the on off state. To block the pump I set *_solar_pump_off_max_difference_temperature_boiler to the minimum of 20.0.

Enabling parameters.ID_Einst_Effizienzpumpe_akt will tune the pumps to use less energy at the cost of slower reaction time to temperature changes.

This is the only pump tuning I would do since everything else might have unforseen negative effects.

I’m testing the new alpha release, how can I help?

Hi @benpr, I’m testing the new release.
It works pretty well, but:

1. When setting up a new device, after the screen where you insert the IP and port, there’s some German language in that next screen (and the rest is in English).
  2. I’m not able to set the cooling temperature and such anymore. I used to be able to do that, but now I reinstalled a couple of times, then started using your latest version and now it’s not showing up anymore.
  1. Please provide a screenshot from the dialog.
  2. Please create a ticket in github with more informations. Logs and a diag file as attachment. Thanks

1:

2: Will do.

The translation is fixed in the next prerelease.

Hi,

I need some help with my Luxtronik integration.

As I realised just today, the integration doesn’t provide any of the sensors. Last time I checked on something (I think it was hot water) was quite a while ago (4-6 weeks I think).

I have absolutely no idee why the integration isn’t working anymore. I did the HA updates to 2023.9.2 and made a backup restore to 2023.9.0 in hope the integration would work there.

My heatpump is an Novelan LADV-9-1, running on firmware 3.87.1. I can connect to the webserver via browser and get all the data there. So I’m guessing the heatpump itself is not the cause of this issue.

I tried to reload, nothing happend. I deleted and reinstalled the integration. The heatpump was recognized immediately, so I ran the setup. I typed in the ip adress of the heat pump controller on port 8889. What I’m now lefet with, is an integration that shows no devices and no entities. Before it said 3 devices an 82 entities.

Any idea what ist going on here?

Chris

Edith: I went back to HA 2023.8 and the Luxtronik Integration seems to work fine here. So it has something to so with switching to HA 2023.9

Hello, don’t you know anybody ID_of power consuption, TUV, heating, over all, must be there but I don’t know how to find it.
Thank you!