WTH, it would be awesome to have a more configurable sidebar layout for Lovelace

I have nothing against the sidebar layout but would love to achieve a full height sidebar in my Lovelace view. The current side bar allows me to slot cards into, I can stack them together with custom:vertical-stack-in-card but can’t off the bat ‘dock’ it as a full height card, place it on either side or width or have certain elements (such as a row of buttons) locked at the bottom of it.

There are some options around this, but a couple appear to have been abandoned (for example: GitHub - wassy92x/lovelace-ha-dashboard: A custom dashboard for Home Assistant with sidebar or GitHub - DBuit/sidebar-card), there’s the awesome layout work from Thomas but you’re working with cards in a layout so to get that full sidebar effect is hard.

Mattias did an awesome job of achieving the type of result I’m talking about with A different take on designing a Lovelace UI but its a massively customised approach and whilst I’ve stolen bits would be great to have an OOTB solution.