I wanted a script that would flash the lights in the living room when it’s time for my daughter to get ready for bed. But I tested it in my office first where I happened to be sitting. So initially I used the UI to write a script which I named “Flash Office Lights” and a got an entity called script.flash_office_lights. Once I had the script working to my satisfaction, I renamed the script in the UI to “Flash Livingroom Lights”… then I went to add the script into an automation… but when I went to reference the script, via a Call Service action, it was still called script.flash_office_lights.
The only way to fix this is to go and edit the scripts.yaml file to change the entity ID.
So I’d like to be able to either edit the entity ID directly in the UI and/or see it in the UI and have it kept in sync when I edit the (friendly) name.