FYI, this is really asking the same as this other post even though it does not specifically mention ZGP:
“Friends of Hue” are battery-less ZGP (Zigbee green power) wall switches that are very popular in Europe. They work with a hue bridge as well as deConz but not with ZHA.
There’s an open issue in zigpy for two and a half years.
If HA wants to become a truly mass appeal solution lacking support like this is not cool.
You can submit a symbolic vote here to show interest →
But in the end, Home Assistant need more volunteering Python developer(s) with interest in low-level Zigbee support to get that existing code pull request and open a new code pull request for the zigpy library (ZHA dependency) or create new code that is acceptable for merger:
You might have many Zigbee Green Power (ZGP) devices, but statistically there are not many different ZGP devices on the market that are actually different products, (as most actually contain the same type of ZGP module made by EnOcean), however those available a relatively popular because of the “Friend of Hue” series as well as a few Philips Hue branded products that use the ZGP technology:
08:25AM - 30 Mar 20 UTC
Please consider adding support for ZGP (Zigbee Green Power) specification standa
… rd subset in zigpy and for/in its radio libraries.
https://zigbeealliance.org/solution/green-power/ -> https://csa-iot.org/all-solutions/green-power/
ZGP (Zigbee Green Power) technology for battery-less self-powered or energy-harvesting devices. ZGP specification is a part of the official Zigbee 3.0 standard specifications and is supported by modern Zigbee Coordinator adapters (at least Texas Instruments and Silicon Labs). ZGP based devices are something also referred to as Green Power Device (GPD) or Green Power Devices (GPDs).
The reason for the request is that you can already buy many Zigbee Green Power (ZGP) enabled switches/remotes made for home automation, and they are in fact very popular since Philips Hue has several ZGP devices in several product series/lineups.
According to the Zigbee Cluster Library Specification revision 7 (ZCL7), every Zigbee 3.0 device with routing capabilities (router or coordinator) must implement Green Power Basic Proxy (GPBP) v1.1.1 functionality for forwarding compatibility to be granted Zigbee 3.0 Certification in order to further support Zigbee Green Power capabilities.
Should be noted that a Zigbee coordinator can not normally connect directly to those Zigbee Green Power enabled switches/remotes as you need to bind them to a mains-powered device like a Zigbee lightbulb or a relay.
The requirements to run a Zigbee Green Power is found in the document from Texas Instruments:
Summery; ZGP (Zigbee Green Power), a.k.a. "Zigbee GreenPower", is a subset feature of Zigbee that allows for extreme low-power and energy-harvesting technology to be used directly with the Zigbee stack. Using Zigbee Green Power, certain home automation wireless devices (end devices) may be powered by either different self-powered energy harvesting solutions or switches and sensors that can operate for up to a decade on a single battery coin-cell battery. Energy harvesting technology enables the maintenance-free battery-less devices (end devices) such as switches and remotes operating in a Zigbee network.
See [zigbee-herdsman PR #92](https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee-herdsman/pull/92) for proof-of-concept as ZGP is already supported in zigbee-herdsman / Zigbee2mqtt (Z2M) projects:
Most common examples of Zigbee Green Power devices for home automation are rocker wall switches. Certified ZGP products:
Most popular are devices based on Zigbee 3.0 pre-certified PTM215ZE/PTM215Z and PTM216Z modules from EnOcean:
EnOcean PTM215ZE/PTM215Z and PTM216Z modules use energy converter for motion energy harvesting for battery-less operation that is sold to OEM/ODM radio modules which create products:
- [EnOcean self-powered Zigbee product series and modules for OEM](https://www.enocean.com/en/products/enocean_modules_24ghz/)
- [EnOcean Easyfit Single / Double Rocker Wall Switch for Zigbee - EWSSZ / EWSDZ](https://www.enocean.com/en/products/enocean_modules_24ghz/easyfit-single-double-rocker-wall-switch-for-zigbee-ewssz-ewsdz/)
- [EnOcean Easyfit Single / Double Rocker Wall Switch for Zigbee - EWSSZG / EWSDZG](https://www.enocean.com/en/products/enocean_modules_24ghz/easyfit-single-double-rocker-wall-switch-for-zigbee-ewsszg-ewsdzg/)
- [EnOcean PTM 215ZE / PTM 215Z (PTM215ZE/PTM215Z) module](https://www.enocean.com/en/products/enocean_modules_24ghz/ptm-215ze/)
- [EnOcean PTM 216Z (PTM216Z) module](https://www.enocean.com/en/products/enocean_modules_24ghz/ptm-216z/)
- [EnOcean PTM 536Z (PTM536Z) Transmitter module with enhanced security features](https://www.enocean.com/en/products/enocean_modules_24ghz/ptm-536z/)
- [EnOcean PTM 535ZB (PTM535ZB) Transmitter module with enhanced security features with both ZGP and BLE radio](https://www.enocean.com/en/products/enocean_modules_24ghz/ptm-535z/)
- [EnOcean PTM 535Z (PTM 535Z) Transmitter module with enhanced security features](https://www.enocean.com/en/products/enocean_modules_24ghz/ptm-535z/)
- [EnOceanECO 200 (ECO200) Energy converter for motion energy harvesting](https://www.enocean.com/en/products/enocean_modules_24ghz/eco-200/)
- [EnOcean 2 click Clickboard from MikroElektronika for TCM 515Z (TCM515Z)](https://www.enocean.com/en/products/enocean_modules_24ghz/enocean-2-click/)
- [EnOcean TCM 515Z (TCM515Z) Transceiver module for programmable system components](https://www.enocean.com/en/products/enocean_modules_24ghz/tcm-515z/)
Friends of Hue partnership switches from ABB (Sweden), Illumra (USA), Kichler (USA), MAKRIS by Imoon (Italy), Vimar (Italy), Busch-Jaeger (Germany), Senic (Germany), Niko (Belgium), Sunricher (Hong Kong), Koizumi (Japan), Legrand (France), and John Lewis (UK) which I believe all use either the older EnOcean PTM 215ZE module or the newer EnOcean PTM 216Z module.
Phoscon (dresden electronic) posted these instructions for paring Friends of Hue switches with their deCONZ solution here:
Examples Philips Hue compatible ZGP switches:
- [Philips Hue Click](https://runlesswire.com/click_philips_hue/) - Same as Philips Hue Tap wall-switch below?
- [Philips Hue Tap (Wall Switch version)](https://www.cnet.com/news/this-boring-switch-might-be-the-best-philips-hue-gadget-yet/#ftag%3DCAD590a51e)
- [Philips Hue Tap Switch (Remote Control version) Model 9290011152X](https://zigbee.blakadder.com/Philips_9290011152X.html)
- [Philips UID8450 single-rocker switch (UID8450/10) and UID8460 double-rocker switch (UID8460/10)](https://www.lighting.philips.com/api/assets/v1/file/content/4bbf1e4388e44f3aa8e0a9e00123308d/UID8450-UID8460_SpSh_20190125_Fin.pdf) ZigBee Green Power switch and scene selector
- [ABB smart light switch for “Friends of Hue”](https://new.abb.com/low-voltage/products/residential-product/friends-of-hue-smart-switch)
- [Illumra ZBT-S1AWH (single rocker, white) for “Friends of Hue”](http://illumra.com/products/wireless-light-switches/zigbee-switch)
- [Niko Friend of Hue Smart Switch](https://www.niko.eu/en/our-products/switches-and-sockets/friends-of-hue)
- [Senic GIRA Friends of Hue Outdoor Switch](https://www.senic.com/friends-of-hue-outdoor-switch)
- Sunricher Kinetic Switch 4 (SR-ZGP2801K4-FOH)
- Sunricher Battery Switch (SR-ZGP2801K4-FOH-E)
- [LED TRADING Dimmer Switch](https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Philips-Friends-flush-mounted-surface-mounted-version/dp/B08GKP7HPJ)
- [LED TRADING Zigbee Push Button Coupler](https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Philips-Friends-flush-mounted-surface-mounted-version/dp/B08K3C44J4)
- Legrand Batteryless Switches
Technical and developer documentation:
PS: Zigbee Green Power (ZGP) V2 is also included as a subset in the Zigbee 3.0 specification (Z3), but that is based on V1 Green Power energy-harvesting technology that was a subset of the Zigbee PRO standard.