Wunderground Weather and Home Assistant

Hi all, not sure if anyone has the same problem?
Hassio core installation on RaspPi
I can see my Weather station live on wunderground.com

Wunderground entity stopped working for me yesterday (2nd March).
I’ve updated Hassio to current release but the same issue.
Log says;
Traceback (most recent call last):
‘File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 293, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.shield(task)
File “/config/custom_components/wundergroundpws/sensor.py”, line 353, in async_setup_platform
if hass.config.units.is_metric:
AttributeError: ‘UnitSystem’ object has no attribute ‘is_metric’’

I’m not smart enough (or brave enough) to go altering code in custom components so would be very happy to hear if anyone has the same experience.
Cheers!

Hi @jerry-cross exactly the same problem here … I hope someone could be able to help us …
Keep in touch.
Bye

Write that in your configuration.yaml exactly like in the picture, then create a folder sensor.yaml and put all the sensors in there. enter this command in the configuration.yaml. sensor: !include sensors.yaml
Be careful, there are a few terms that you don’t need.
You can still adjust the country setting according to the instructions simply change de-DE.![Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-03 um 23.04.46|604x500(upload://fHhhlaVzSGNEsFvK1QMETmZlGWR.png)

Hi @alpat59 !
Well I gave up waiting for someone else to fix it and played around until it worked.
I deleted the contents of the wunderground directory in custom_components, downloaded the zip file from the GitHub repository and unzipped it into a dummy dir then copied the underground contents into the existing dir.
I also had to split my wunderground sensor in my sensors.yaml into configuration.yaml;
wundergroundpws:
api_key: !secret wunderground_api_key
pws_id: !secret wunderground_pws_id

and sensor.yaml;

• platform: wundergroundpws
    monitored_conditions:
    • solarRadiation
    • neighborhood
    • obsTimeLocal
    • uv
    • winddir
    • humidity
    • dewpt
    • heatIndex
    • windChill
    • elev
    • precipTotal
    • precipRate
    • pressure
    • temp
    • windGust
    • windSpeed
    • precip_1d
    • precip_chance_1d
    • temp_high_1d

I’m not smart enough to know why that worked but it did (after a restart of course).
Good luck

Hello, why so cumbersome, you just have to add the repository to HACS and then add the rest to the yaml like you did.

Thank you @jerry-cross for your answer.
I solved the initial problem and (I don’t know exactly why like you …) but everything is ok now.

I have an problem…
the forecast temperature max of 1d is null

temperature: 21
temperature_unit: °C
humidity: 57
pressure: 1002.71
pressure_unit: hPa
wind_bearing: 74
wind_speed: 5
wind_speed_unit: km/h
visibility_unit: km
precipitation_unit: mm
forecast:
  - condition: rainy
    precipitation: 26.16
    precipitation_probability: 100
    temperature: null
    templow: 13
    datetime: 1683608400000
    wind_bearing: E
    wind_speed: 22
    precipitation: 9.01
    precipitation_probability: 99
    temperature: 16
    templow: 11
    datetime: 1683694800000
    wind_speed: 19
    precipitation: 1.74
    precipitation_probability: 56
    temperature: 18
    templow: 12
    datetime: 1683781200000
    wind_bearing: SE
    wind_speed: 19
    precipitation: 5.45
    precipitation_probability: 87
    temperature: 17
    templow: 12
    datetime: 1683867600000
    wind_speed: 13```

There is now a new integration, take a close look at the repos and read the instructions

what new integration?

Look over here

there are a different icon and state of weather in homeassistant and page of wunderground
on site is Partly Cloudy
and homeassistant api is rainy

why?

I would recommend contacting the developer.

Have the integration running but got 1 question

edit:
saw there is a version 2, installed this now got dutch.
need to find out the icons now

Nother thing
Weather forecast for today stays at unknown.
More people have this?

Hi so did you read the description correctly? Version 2 is not an update to the old version, it is a separate system.

Yes uninstall old version new install V2.
Got Dutch and other stuff is working.

Only the forecast for today stays at not available.

Saw post above someone got the same

I’m still using the old version and have installed the new version on a test system which is currently inactive otherwise I could have helped. It’s best to contact the developer and report the problem.

1 Like

I know this is in the api and on github.
but my forecast is always N/A also before the 3:00pm

Wunderground API caveat:
The daypart object as well as the temperatureMax field OUTSIDE of the daypart object will appear as null in the API after 3:00pm Local Apparent Time.
The affected sensors will return as “N/A” when this condition is met.

edit:
even with reboots it did not solve the problem.
I did the latest update of HA now , reboot and the forecast of today it there.
shoot me :sweat_smile:

the link starting this topic still leads to version 1. maybe second link or replace with the version 2?

only the forecast icons are still a a default one not weather based

I upgraded the Cytech/wundergroundpws integration from v1.0.x to v2.0.x. The entity names changed as expected to include the wunderground station ID.

Does anyone have a working procedure for renaming the entities and keep the long term statistics?

I think I’m running into some problems because now that I’ve started with the new integration, it’s started collecting long term statistics under the new entities so renaming the old entities runs into a problem (unique constraint in the SQL query that does the rename).

Deleting the new entities doesn’t delete the new statistics data so I can complete the rename.

Just started using this integration, so correct me if I’m wrong, but there isn’t any hourly data. Is this an Wunderground limitation or does this integration just not pull this? I really like having hourly data and would love to switch entirely to this integration.

Also, I followed the instructions on the Github (so just manually copied the files) but now I’m noticing some comments about HACS in this thread. Is there a way to have HACS manage this integration or is that only for the old version?

Thanks a ton!

Edit: Figured out I can just put the github address as a custom repository in HACS.