WYZE LOCK - Zigbee - Home Assistant - HassIO - HassOS - ZHA integration - Working as expected - remove cloud control

OK… there IS a ZB radio inside the gateway. See first picture here… https://fccid.io/2AUAQWLGW01/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photo-4515361

It specifically points to the Zigbee antenna. So now the question becomes, just how hard is it going to be to get the top off that case? Lol

Also found information in the RF Exposure info that was submitted to the FCC

Shortly before bed last night I half tried to pair the bridge to my raspee2, no luck. Will try some other futzing today. judging from the info you gave, it should be functional as something at any rate.

I did the same last night with no luck either, but I wasn’t really expecting it to work straight away. I am sure it is going to require some reprogramming in order to change it to a repeater. Not sure what that uis, but there are some right geniuses around here when it comes to that stuff so it is just a matter of time.

Could the Wyze Lock gateway be converted to a Zigbee2MQTT bridge device?

I don’t doubt it with the right pairing method. I’m using my only zigbee bridge in zha, otherwise I’d boot up z2m and try it. don’t want to mess up my solid mesh I got going right now.

How did you generate that network map?

2 Likes

Thank you! Installing now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am able to install zha_map, but don’t know how to get the card to work.
What exactly need to do for step 5?

another really nice mapping app is https://github.com/yllibed/Zigbee2MqttAssistant if you use zigbee2mqtt. easy to install

1 Like

go to Developer Tools >> Services and Call Service for zha_map.scan_now

1 Like

I had found that one as I am running both Zigbee2MQTT on a separate RPi4 I also use for Tuya Convert and ZHA on my main Home Assistant OS installation. I definitely prefer ZHA but there are devices I have that do not work with ZHA, but do work with Z2Mqtt.

1 Like

there is a quirk in development for the wyze lock, that will give you all the states from that the native wyze app sees (lock/unlock, open/closed. The issue is every lock sends different codes and these can change after each calibration. so the quirk need to be updated to put the values that match into it.

some more info in this issue: https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/3018#issuecomment-610040067

1 Like

I can see that service from the service page and tried to run it but didn’t see any output after run it.

For the UI zha-network-card GitHub - dmulcahey/zha-network-visualization-card: Lovelace custom element for visualizing the ZHA Zigbee network, what am I supposed to do for step 5? I tried to add it as javascript module via Configuration->lovelace dashbaords->resources, but when I tried to add the card (step 6) I’m getting below error:

Custom element doesn’t exist: zha-network-visualization-card.
type: ‘custom:zha-network-visualization-card’

iirc I think I had to reboot before it showed up

So I have spent several hours off and on over the last 2 days running an exacto knife along the seam of the gateway, trying to get it open. This thing is tough!!!

I think it hates me.

lol I tried this yesterday! with no luck, I heated it up too.

1 Like

Ooohhh!! I didn’t think of that!!! What did I do with that propane torch???

I rebooted, still got the same error. Looks that I missed some steps…