WYZE LOCK - Zigbee - Home Assistant - HassIO - HassOS - ZHA integration - Working as expected - remove cloud control

dremel for the win (just enough to get a screw driver in to pry the rest off…)

1 Like

Is it glued shut or just really tight fit?

super tight fit.
IMG_4385|375x500

SWEET!! That is great!

So what are you going to do with it next?

1 Like

the zigbee chip info

1 Like

Finally!

2 Likes

So what’s next? I assume these can’t actually run Zigbee2MQTT since that is quite a bot larger that the memory on these allows. But how difficult would it be to convert them to a router/repeater? Anything else that could be done? Maybe rebox them and add sensors like a DHT or some I2C sensors?

1 Like

Not a ton, if the pins that connect the esp32 to the efr32 zigbee chip can be figured out, it could be flashed with a firmware that works with tasmota or zha.

I was able to flash a sonoff zigbee bridge with tasmota and set up serial over up and use it with zha. (https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/hva7ix/using_sonoff_zigbee_bridge_with_zha)

I pulled the wyze/lockin firmware from both chips last night, will look some more at them in a hex editor. From what I can tell (far from an expert) the efr32 chip is not locked down so it should be able to be flashed over serial/xmodem with out a signed firmware which is good. But you needy know the pin set up to compile the firmware :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I appreciate y’alls work. If I can help, just ask. Otherwise, I was planning on trying to figure out this custom device handler thingy someone linked. Does ZHA even need such a thing? and if it does, I’d assume I’ll need to pull in the info for each lock into the quirk. so ya, it will happen, just a matter of figuring it out and adding it to this guide so to speak. All I know is, right now I get lock/unlock and locked/unlocked statuses respectively, if I could grab other info, I’m all for it.

Also, I’d consider getting an additional keypad for yall to play around with if it means potentially getting even more info, like who unlocked the lock. are the key-pads zigbee? or bluetooth? questions.

1 Like

The keypad is Bluetooth.

2 Likes

So the only thing the quirk does is handle the reports that come in on the manufacturer cluster. They tell you if the lock was auto locked, manually locked or unlocked etc. It also has the binary sensor for the door open / close state. It all works but there is that calibration problem that tube mentioned. I still have to work out some way to reliably capture this information. @tube0013 and I have unsuccessfully asked wyze for the cluster specifications MANY times. We were able through a lot of trial and error to decode it to an extent but it isn’t user friendly in the slightest.

1 Like

Have you been able to spend any more time with the firmware? I’ve got a lock + gateway (I don’t need) coming in a few days and might tear it apart.

I have not. it a low priority - I may look more at it in the future, but without knowing the pins the EFR32 chip is using to do the tx / rx with the esp32 a fw can’t be made.

Lock arrived today and I can’t get it to pair with my coordinator. It showed up once but didn’t respond to commands. I deleted it and haven’t been able to add it back. I’ve set it back up in the Wyze app a few times since and it works there, just won’t pair on my ZHA network.

FW: 2.1.22.0

What are you using for an integration? just the basic ZHA integration? any errors to follow back? other zha devices working correctly? interference in zigbee is bad, perhaps widen the gap between your 2.4ghz wifi, and your zigbee network. There are guides online all over.

I’m using native ZHA. I actually tweaked my 2.4ghz and moved the zigbee stick a little bit and got the lock successfully paired!! I can lock/unlock, but I noticed it looks a little different than yours and that the locked/unlocked state isn’t updating:

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 1.08.51 PM

Edit: Removed and re-added, this time everything looks good and lock status is accurate!

1 Like

Well unfortunately now it looks like after server restart (whole OS restart) I cannot control the lock any more. I’ve moved the stick closer and still no dice. Curious if this has anything to do with the “failed” buzz that happens after pairing.

Edit: Moved a router closer to the lock and now functioning as expected minus manual lock/unlock status updates.

1 Like

Are you getting locked/unlocked updates in HA when you manually lock or unlock? Other than that, this is working great for me. Thank You.

I’m not getting these updates.

As previously stated in this thread. to reliably get locked/unlocked updates in ha, you will unfortunately need to do some extra steps. Step that I haven’t invested to much time into learning. The quirk for the lock is in development, but it looks like you need to get specific info from each lock to get updates, or so the story goes.