Xiaomi Aqara Smart Gateway Hub & Xiaomi Temp sensors

Hi Struggling with some new Xiaomi devices.

Xiaomi aqara Gateway hub and 2nd generation Xiaomi aqara temp and humidity sensor’s

I can get them working no problem in the ios app “Aqara Home” but not Mi Home and not home assistant.

Im not bothered about the apps i just want the temp and humidity’s into home assistant to make a multizone underfloor hearting thermostat.

Home assistant auto finds the hub however the apple home kit code dosnt work

Any ideas ?

Thanks

If you want my advice, ditch the Mi hub and use zigbee2mqtt

I have 3 temp sensors working fine on that for many months now

It’s not very expensive to buy the parts for the USB sniffer, and you can avoid using a Chinese cloud account!

Search for zigbee2mqtt and read the WiKi it has all the info you need. I got all mine working from that page.

Once you have the gear let me know and I can give you my configs to get you going

Great this is exactly what I’ve been looking for, was going to buy from amazon but the prices are ridiculous compared to aliexpress… I’ll just have to wait for post from China :frowning:

So this should work with most Zigbee devices and do away with the cloud completely ? Big fan off mqtt all my lightswitches are on flashed sonoff’s and have been running without fault for months ! :slight_smile:

If it works out of the box with homekit but not with MI home app you have the new gateway version and not the V2

https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeKit/comments/97r8vu/aqara_homekit_compatible_hub_now_available_on/

here you have some info about connecting to HA

Thanks for the reply, I’ll sit tight and hope it becomes compatible in the future untill then I’ll give @stratplayer suggestion a go as I like the idea of not using a Xiaomi servers

Thanks @stratplayer Ordered the parts arrived from china today, Few hours later and i’ve got it working brilliantly , the xiaomi hub is going on eBay if anyone is interested :grinning:

I’m going to let this run for a few months and if its reliable ill be buying plenty more xiaomi sensors to provide the temp inputs for a 5 zone underfloor heating thermostat and a MVHR unit.

Thanks again

Good to hear, you will not regret it! Mine been going over 8 months with no issues, batteries still going strong too

As for using them for a theomostat input you need to be aware these sensors do not send updates with a fixed time interval only on changes. Search the forum, there is a thread about this.

Batteries are concerning for me at the moment… after only 24 hrs they have dropped down from 99 to 42, read some where that this might be normal and they will settle out for a longer duration In the 30-40 region, I guess time will tell what’s your experience ??

I guess this should still work though as it’s still a current temperature ??