Xiaomi BLE only showing signal strength not temperature

Hi All

I am pretty new to HA. Not sure if i am posting this in the right spot.
I have the lastest HA running on a virtual machine.
I setup an ESP32 to run Bluetooth Proxy (Ready-Made Projects — ESPHome)
That seems to work fine… Shows up in HA, not really many options or things to configure.
I bought some
LYWSD03MMC to monitor temperature.

Power one on. A few minutes later it shows up in Home Assistant.
I didn’t have to configure anything… And honestly don’t see where i would configure anything.

Issue is there is only 1 entity
sensor.temperature_humidity_sensor_0350_signal_strength
which is nice, but it would be nice if it showed the temperature as well.

I am googling around, and finding lots of not helpful information…
I enabled logging. Don’t see anything in logs…
Honestly, i’m just not even sure what to do.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

You need to flash with alternative firmware
https://pvvx.github.io/ATC_MiThermometer/TelinkMiFlasher.html

and then choose BTHome as advertising format

There are several topic on the forum, first one I found:

Thanks sooo much. I had seen some of those, but didn’t understand if they were still up to date… etc…
I had no idea i could flash firmware from a webpage… Thats cool.
I think i almost have it… But gotta run to kids basketball!

HI, so the good news is its working.

The bad news is, that i configured 5 of them, got them all setup, where they need to be, but only a couple are working.
I believe its due to range.
I clicked the Low Power option on them all… Not sure how much that impacts things.

Now i want to go back and change the settings on the ones not working. Turn off Low Power Mode and turn up TX / RX power.

Issue is… The Firmware flasher just doesn’t seem to want to connect to any of them… And i cannot really figure out why… One of them did connect, but the others just don’t seem to want to… Any tricks/thoughts? I have tried checking and unchecking Get Advertising Mac… Tried enabling Web Experimental Features… But it just sits…

Also i did maximize the couple times in the settings (trying to reduce frequency of updates…) Forget which settins exactly because i cannot get back in to check…

I did find that simply reloading the Telink Flasher webpage every time i wanted to do a device, tended to make it work once. So i just did that every time.

Yes, either reload, or use the disconnect button before trying again.