I recently installed the Xiaomi temperature and humidity sensor using the PVVX Custom Firmware. Some information was different from what I found online, so I created this guide. I hope you will find it helpful.
Or a video format for anyone who prefers visual content:
The Xiaomi sensors come with encryption by default. However, utilizing custom firmware can remove this encryption and provide greater configurability options.
Open Chrome and navigate here
Check the “Get Advertising MAC” box and click
Open the Xiaomi sensor and remove, then reinsert the battery to wake up the sensor.
Find your Xiaomi sensor, should be named:
- Click on
Do Activationand wait a few seconds for the three fields to fill
- Click on
Custom Firmware ver 4.2and then
- The flashing process should take approximately a minute or so.
- After it finished click on
Reconnectand wait for the sensor to connect
- Now you can configure the sensor to your liking, such as choosing between Fahrenheit or Celsius.
For more options refer to the documentation
- Make sure to choose the BTHome for seamless integration in Home Assistant
- If you made any changes, make sure to click on
Navigate to the integrations page
You should see the Xiaomi sensor integration
Click on “Configure” and then submit.
Congratulations! The sensor has been successfully added to Home Assistant.