Xiaomi Gateway (Aqara) - compatible?

Does anyone know if this is compatible with Home Assistant. I ask as there is a Xiaomi Gateway (Aqara) component but it states that:

Unsupported Devices
Xiaomi Aqara Gateway (lumi.gateway.aqhm01), as it is not possible to activate dev mode in the Mi Home App.

Thanks in advance!

Did you try this ? https://www.home-assistant.io/components/xiaomi_aqara/

That’s the same link I point out in my original post…

Ooouups thats right… I am waiting for my gateway, so I’ll come back here later, see if I can get something out of it :confused:

Think I figured it out. After a little more research I realised that there are actually two versions of the hub. The old on and a newer one that is compatible for HomeKit. Confusion was that the Aqara website only shows the new one.

Older ones (that work)

Xiaomi Mijia Gateway (lumi.gateway.v2, lumi.gateway.v3)

New one that is not supported

Xiaomi Aqara Gateway (lumi.gateway.aqhm01)

@narwun - which one did you order?

1 Like

Full name on GearBest is “Xiaomi Mijia Smart Multi-functional Gateway WiFi Remote Control Upgrade Version”

So I guess this will work as it is a Mijia one ?

Yes, that’s the first one that is compatible - that one would work.

Not sure the difference between the two - other than one works with HomeKit.

Let me know how you get on with it…

Coming back to confirm that the hub I got is working with hassio.

Gearbest : “Xiaomi Mijia Smart Multi-functional Gateway WiFi Remote Control Upgrade Version”
Ref. in hass : lumi_gateway_v3

Work like a charm.

Great news, thanks for coming back to me.

Ideally looking to order a bunch of Xiaomi accessories but maybe use a CC stick as a hub or even thinking about a raspbee. I just don’t want I have to plug in another hub that only works with a one set of accessories

I have found a way to turn on the dev mode but I can’t read the code, there is a way to read this code after I have enabled dev mode?

1 Like

Should be able to read it, may i know how to turn on the dev mode? after i saw the code may be i can help you with that.

No differences except that it is Homekit Compatible and that it needs the Aqara app to function (so not the MiHome app). My advice is if you want to use Xiaomi with HA, get the lumi gateway v2 or v3 (all the ones without Homekit compatibility) and then just feed the entities to Homekit via HA.

Edit: so up until now the Aqara Hub does NOT work with Home Assistant. Stay clear of this device for the time being.

1 Like

Yes, if you open the Aqara App end press many times to Model you can see that the test mode is enabled!!

Are you sure? As far as I know only the MiHome app works with Home Assistant. Though it might have changed. The Aqara version did not have a dev mode (at least it didn’t have it).

I have uploaded A screen

Ah that is great, so the aqara (homekit) hub should work now with HA? If so I might order one. I use the “older” gateway now, but Homekit is my backup for whenever Home Assistant is down for whatever reason. For example I have a tradfri bridge in Homekit but also in HA. When HA fails, my tradfri lights still function and is still available through homekit. But sounds like great news to me.

I have found only the way to enable the test mode but for now I don’t know how to add to home assistant or to see the key…

Ah, the documentation states that the Aqara Gateway is not supported (yet) so that is why I mentioned it.

1 Like

So? Is it working or de we have to wait for support?

Surprisingly some how (don’t ask…i don’t know how), one day it just showed up on my Home Assistant. Quickly i’ve made an snapshot to avoid loosing it :relaxed:

Does anyone knows how can I share all of you this integration?
mine is ZHWG11LM.
Hope I can help someone with some guidance.

Captura de Pantalla 2020-04-03 a la(s) 18.19.52

The only problem I have is that I’ve recently added a smoke detector to the hub, but I can`t make it visible for HA :sweat_smile: