Xiaomi IR Remote Climate Component

I think u misunderstood me. I already run this component perfectly in home Assistant… Could you please setup heaty to reproduce this error in heaty? Heaty needs the attributes operation_mode which is not exposed by your component apparently…just temp etc. Woul like to debug with u cause your component and heaty would add a very important value to Hass :wink:

Here’s the issue for that … I guess the problem is that your component doesn’t expose operation_mode as attributes

Please update version from github and try to use with Appdaemon HEATY.

thanks … git it working in the meanwhie :slight_smile: Did u already work on Media player component for xiaomi IR ? :slight_smile:

No, not yet %)

Hey…

Thanks for this add-on. You are a life saver!
Just one thing, my AC needs to a power button (same as turn off) to turn on first before I can change the temp / other settings. I noticed this addon doesnt have any turn on command so I have to press power off to turn on and the whole system goes out of sync.
If there a way to add the power on button to this?

Cheers!

Hello. Seems like there is some problem after 0.87 update, I get error that component wasn’t found, was working previously just fine, and tried on clean install of HA, same error. Any ideas what happened?

Please update component from github.

Thanks, didn’t notice there was new version

Just bumping the request earlier. Any way we can build an “On” function for the AC?

stopped working with the latest update

any chance of getting it workin again?

@dannyb78 @CooleRnax Please update component from github.

Usually A/C remotes send full state (temp, power, etc) and don’t have special “turn on” commands. All climate components in HA work with this scheme. Sorry, i think, it’s impossible.

Thanks for you reply. I understand that the on button sends the full state information. The issue is, if I configure say 23 degree, auto fan, cool mode as power on, select that temp, it powers on the AC but when I’m changing the temperature, say navigating from 24 to 23 in auto fan cool mode, it powers of the AC again.

The power off and power on in my AC is an additional state information along with temp, mode, fan etc. Just sending 23, cool, auto fan doesn’t turn it on.

As a work around, I’m currently pressing power off again to turn it on at 23 cool auto fan and then changing the temperature to desired level.

Another alternative I was thinking was if there is a way to add conditional commands, I can do something like:

If AC Off: send power/23/cool/auto and then the selected temperature from HA.
Else, just send the temp selected from HA. Can this be done?

Hope I was able to explain it correctly.

Are you sure that you grabbed commands from remote with powered on A/C?
Looks like your commands grabbed with powered off A/C.

Let me double check that and get back to you.

thank you, unlikely it doesnt fix for me.
I’m running home assistant on hassos 32 bit (both full updated) in a R PI 3B+
here’s the error log

Tue Mar 12 2019 23:21:51 GMT+0100 (Ora standard dell’Europa centrale)
Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 559, in async_forward_entry_setup
self.hass, component, self._hass_config)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 45, in async_setup_component
return await setup_tasks[domain] # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 56, in async_setup_component
return await task # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 124, in _async_setup_component
conf_util.async_process_component_config(hass, config, domain)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/config.py”, line 743, in async_process_component_config
platform = get_platform(hass, domain, p_name)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 97, in get_platform
base_paths)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 166, in _load_file
module = importlib.import_module(path)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/importlib/init.py”, line 127, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 1006, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 983, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File “”, line 677, in _load_unlocked
File “”, line 724, in exec_module
File “”, line 860, in get_code
File “”, line 791, in source_to_code
File “”, line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
File “/config/custom_components/xiaomi_remote/climate.py”, line 7

^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

What HA version do you use?
Please provide config and source of /config/custom_components/xiaomi_remote/climate.py

System Health

arch armv7l
dev false
docker true
hassio true
os_name Linux
python_version 3.7.2
timezone Europe/Rome
version 0.89.1
virtualenv false

Lovelace

mode storage
resources 0
views 5

config.yaml:

climate:

• platform: xiaomi_remote
    name: Climatizzatore zona notte
    remote: remote.xiaomi_miio_192_168_1_97
    commands: !include toshiba.yaml
    temp_sensor: sensor.temperatura_zona_notte
    min_temp: 17
    max_temp: 30
    target_temp: 20
    customize:
    operation_list:
    - ‘off’
    - cool
    - heat
    - dry
    - auto
    fan_list:
    - low
    - medium
    - high
    - auto

It was working 'till .89 update.

I’m using latest version from your repository
https://github.com/Anonym-tsk/home-assistant-components/blob/master/custom_components/xiaomi_remote/climate.py