Xiaomi IR Remote Climate Component

Hello,
This is my custom component to control air conditioners through Xiaomi IR Remote devices and IR codes.
You can select sensor to check if conditioner is on.

Thank you

9 Likes

1000000000 thanks

Is there a chance having also Media player component
?:heart_eyes:

Ok, i’ll do it

For real? Wooohuooo…u r the best !

Keep me posted ok? Will then integrate it in my System…wow…now I can easily remote all my stuff …u r really the best

Till when do u think u will finish the Media player component ?

I don’t know. I’ll do it in future, not now )

Ok…good to know :wink: thanks I’m already pressed to use it one day … :wink:

Which A/C can we control? Only xiaomi? Or it can learn the code? But A/C codes are complex, how will we get it working correct?

1 Like

You can control any A/C.
You need to create configuration file with all complex codes. It can learn codes.
Please, read documentation.

I can confirm. I actually was under impression that Xioami IR Remote won’t be able to control my AC since the Xioami App said it doesn’t work. I’ve just gave it a try and was able to record on/off and particular temperatures without any effort. My AC is LG Gallery.
It seems that the commands are sent based on remote memory and there is not feedback from the AC unit - if the remote indicates ‘on’ but the AC is ‘off’ then pressing power button again will send ‘off’ signal. Similarily with temperature settings - the actual code is “set the temperature to X” when pressing temp up or temp down button. I guess other buttons work in a similar fashion.

Yes, you a right. Feedback from A/C is not possible.

Did u already get the time to work on media player component?

Can you check github repo? Cant add addon store to hassio.
Error:
18-09-10 16:49:02 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons.git] Clone addon https://github.com/Anonym-tsk/home-assistant-components repository
18-09-10 16:49:05 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.addons.data] Can’t read repository information from /data/addons/git/8a84d12f/repository.json

It is not hassio addon

Hello. Could you tell me how should I use it on hass.io? where should I install your files?
And about making yaml file. Will your script automatically understand the command? As I know, there is a lot of info in every command (When I tap “cool”, remote says which temperature should be, which mode, level of fan…)
Can your script tear apart the command and find which part of it means level of fan

Dear all.

i tried to get this component running with appdaemon heaty but get those problems:

As far as I see this component exposes attrbutes opeation mode but somehow it wont wok with heaty appdaemon…

Could you please throw an eye on it?

You need to put component to /config/custom_components/climate/xiaomi_remote.py and config to /config/YOUR_CONFIG.yaml
Maybe you need ssh or samba addon in hass.io

Try to use ‘off’ with quotes in config.
And your operation_mode must be in operation_list.