Xiaomi Mi Laser Projector

Hello all,

I’ve just purchased this amasing projector, and would like to know if anyone else tried to integrate it as a media player inside Hassio.

thanks a lot!

2 Likes

I’m hoping for a way to controll the power on off switch. Use nvidia shield for media hub

1 Like

Same here,

Could you ever find a way to do it @Cisky78 ?

while looking for the same i came across this blog https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77826453&postcount=2

it mentions a Cross platform Remote Control http://mireco.hopto.org/

the remote works for my projector the Xiaomi Wemax one pro. It should work for the MI as well.

the code for the remote is JS so it seems it can be leveraged by home assistant.

im planing to integrate it with node red.

hope this helps

1 Like

Works with Wemax One. Can turn it down now) thx

tv_power:
        command_on: echo "cannot do this"
        command_off: curl "http://192.168.1.207:6095/controller?action=keyevent&keycode=power"
        friendly_name: TV Power

@shamruk Thanks for sharing this! I couldn’t get it to work with my Xiaomi Laser Projector.

However I’m currently using the following solution:
As turn on command I simply use a smart socket (like the tp link HS100) which I turn off and after a few seconds on again because apparently the projector does start once it gets AC power

As turn off action, I simply use the Android TV component combined with the ADB debuggung bridge add on from hass.io.

For both actions I have created a acript in scripts.yaml which I then combine within a template switch.

Which laser projector do you have? How did you enable adb debugging permanently? For me it gets disabled after the next restart of the projector.

I have the white Xiaomi Laser Projector that looks like the one linked in the first post of this thread. It’s the HD only version with Android TV, not the Chinese Xiaomi Operating System. I just went to the Developer Options and activated USB-Debugging. Please be aware that leaving ADB-Debugging turned on is a potential attack vector.

Here is the script I use to turn it off:

beameroff:
  alias: Beamer aus
  sequence:
    - service: androidtv.adb_command
      data:
        entity_id: media_player.androidtv
        command: "POWER"
    - service: androidtv.adb_command
      data:
        command: "CENTER"

so that’s probably a difference to the chinese version.
Does it respond to turn on commands? (so, is it connected while sleeping?)

No, unfortunately it did not respond to the “on” command. That’s why I had to do the workaround I described with killing the AC power and turning it on again. A little ugly but working well.

1 Like

I manage to turn on the projector with the CEC command and when I turn on my Apple TV for example. It is fairly good solution to me since it’s works without the Smart plug solution.

That is some fine news…

Could you go into some more detail? I understood that you just turn on a connected device which then causes the projector to start? I am pretty sure that the projector itself does not respond to adb commands when turned off.

I just tested this via the Services Tab in the Developer Tools and called a service like this:

service: androidtv.adb_command
data:
  command: POWER

This will not cause the projector to start.

If you connect your Apple TV to the projector and choose in the option of CEC of the projector (mine is the Fengmi Cinema 4K pro) so you can start the projector when you wake up your Apple TV with the following command of your remote Apple TV:
command: wakeup

Does this work consistently? I found that cec turn on did v work only sometimes with both my chromecast and fire tv and my xiaomi 4k.
Also, I didn’t find any pattern when it’s working and when not.

I use my Apple TV so start my AV receiver and Fengmi cinema projector though CEC and it works gorgeous. I have make automations in order to start a scene « Movie time » and no problem so far. I wonder if you chose correct option in your projector. Do you have an AV receiver or how are you connected your projector?

Both devices are connected directly to the projector. I enabled CEC remote and hdmi 2 in settings of the projector (controlling the firetv with the projectors remote works btw).

Sometimes if I turn on my devices, the projector will boot, too. But sometimes: nothing.

Is it the same problem when you use the remote directly ? Or is this problem occurring only when you use a script to turn in the TV?

Remote works without exceptions. Just the cec boot that’s not reliable for me

Ok. Have you tried with another input HDMI3? Or to do the same procedure with another source such as Apple TV or PS for example?

Didn’t try hdmi 3, gonna do that! And I don’t own any other device. But as it’s not working for 2 different devices I really doubt that that’s the issue. Especially that it’s working randomly…